GoWearFit/BodyBugg -- useful or neat trinket?

Frances S.
on 12/18/11 11:57 pm - Crystal Falls, MI
 does anyone have one of these devices, if so which one, and do you find it worthwhile?
acbbrown
on 12/19/11 2:59 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had a BodyBugg for a while.

First - it worked. I mean, I lost weight while I used it. BUT

It was a little frustrating b/c the numbers never added up. I'd wear it - it would tell me I'd burn up to 5000 cal on days where I worked out for 1+ hours (and I was probably 360 lbs when I first wore it)

I ate 1500 cal/day.  SO I should have had a 3500 cal/deficit.  But that was clearly wrong bc my weekly average was 2-3 lbs.

Honestly, the key was just keeping track of what I ate. Forcing myself to log my food was what helped get the weight off. I wouldn't chose to re-activate my subscription and start wearing it because it didnt really give me much guidance on what i was burning during my workouts - at least not accurate info.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MacMadame
on 12/19/11 5:48 am - Northern, CA
 I have one and I found it very helpful. I wore it daily for about 4 months and I got a good picture of what my BMR and RMR were and how much different exercises burned.

After that, my days were enough the same that I stopped wearing it.

But when I started to gain after I had my bike accident, I put it back on and it was very helpful again. I could see I was eating about 100-200 calories a day more than I was burning and it inspired me to find a few ways to cut back here and there.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Frances S.
on 12/19/11 8:40 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 Thanks for responding.. that's my hope is that I'll get a better idea of what I'm actually burning day to day.
Most Active