Ouchie!

heatherambrosia
on 7/26/12 1:22 pm - GA
Ran my 5K last Saturday... did awesome. I've been training for it by running 3x a week or more etc since April... and then on Sunday my foot started hurting.

I didn't "do" anything, and watching my hubby battle plantar faciitis has made me glad not to have it. Except... I think I have it.

There is  a pain just off to the outside of the arch of my foot. I can't put a finger on it exactly, but it aches when I stand on it. When I jog (which I did briefly today to see what would happen), it felt great as does walking on my toes like as if in heels.

So, not sure if it's PF or bruised or what. I'm doing ice several times daily and rolling a tennis ball under it. Using a brace at night. Anything else I can do? I have another 5K on 8/25 and want to get back to training!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
acbbrown
on 7/26/12 3:36 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Im not sure if it's PF, but even if it's not, it's always a good idea to make sure you are keeping up with a good stretching routine. My PF acts up if I neglect this...which I seem to have done lately :-p

If it's hurting - I wouldn't advise you to run. I think it might be better to give it a few days, keep icing, stretching, and see what happens. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

heatherambrosia
on 7/26/12 10:04 pm - GA
Thanks for the advice!

I will keep up the work and hope for a speedy recovery. I have a family reunion in less than a week and my cousins that haven't seen me in years know I've been running and they all want to go on a family jog... can you believe it!? That'd be a unique reunion, I bet!

I hope I can participate, but I'm not going to sacrifice my 8/25 5K for it. I'll incorporate more stretching too. I do it after every workout, but even just stretching/yoga outside of workouts is highly beneficial, I know.

Thanks again!
Elisa K.
on 7/28/12 2:26 am - Lumberton, NJ
How old are your running shoes?  I will get weird aches and pains when it's time to get new shoes.
heatherambrosia
on 7/28/12 8:00 am - GA
I did buy them about a year ago, but I've only been wearing them regularly for about 2 months. I figure they have about 40 miles on them. I have wanted to get new ones and I'm going to go to a sports shoe store where they put you on a treadmill, watch you walk etc and really put you in the perfect shoe, but it's gonna take a few paychecks.
Most Active