Memorial Day Monday-Am I the First?

Kristi N.
on 5/29/11 10:40 pm - NC
Good Morning OFF!

Can't believe I logged on this morning and it looks like I'm the first! Wakey Up Sleepy Heads! It's a Bootiful Day!

Hope you are all enjoying being with your families and friends and remembering all the loved ones that can no longer be with us.

Thank a Vet, thank a child, parent, or spouse of a fallen soldier.

Hugs and Stuff,
Kristi
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
cindibarre
on 5/29/11 11:14 pm - Danforth, ME
Kristi-

You're up early.  I bet this is a busy weekend for you with all the beach rentals or is it next Saturday that will be busy as they turn over.

Sun is shining in Maine today.  Had thunderstorms yesterday and really humid weather for the first time.  Today we're supposed to get to 80's.  Have lots of flowers to plant in my flower pots and tomato plants to get into pots.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Patricia R.
on 5/29/11 11:21 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Kristi,
I was up earlier, but had to walk my dog and then take a shower.  Said walk made me work up a sweat.  I am trying to lengthen my walks in the morning, before the heat of the day.  Utley loves the walks, especially along the Delaware River, where we have a park in my town.

Today, I am working on my sewing projects.  I have three weeks to finish five garments for my grandchildren.  If I have time, I will start a fourth dress for my granddaughter.  Right now, I have three dresses cut out for her, and two shorts coveralls for my grandson.  I spent the weekend cutting them out, now for the piecing together and sewing them. 

This afternoon, I am supposed to go to the movies with my sisters and nephew.  Not sure what movie.  I just need to get out of the apartment and do something fun. 

Hope everyone has a safe holiday. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 5/29/11 11:33 pm - Cibolo, TX
Oh my!  Two threads this morning.  This should get interesting.

Good morning, everyone!

I had a very good surprise on the scale this morning!  It dropped 2 and a half pounds since yesterday!  I knew that ol' TOM was messing with me.  I looked back on my chart and I've lost 9 and a half pounds since my husband left on May 9th.  Amazing.  Really amazing.  Only 6 and half more pounds to my halfway mark.  I'm starting to think I might make it to onederland again after all! 

Trish, I'm so envious of you sewing for your little granddaughter!  I wish I had a little girl to sew for!  But my daughter probably wouldn't let me do any sewing anyway.  She won't let me sew or crochet things for Benny.  She's such a clothes snob. 

As it turns out, I didn't get any sewing done on that little Winnie-the-Pooh quilt yesterday after all.  By the time I finished mowing, I was wiped out.  Took a long nap in the recliner instead.  But maybe I can get going on it today instead.

Not a lot else going on here.  Annette, you named the puppy Baxter--how cute!  Good luck with the potty training!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Vickie 

Irishcoda
on 5/30/11 12:37 am
Congrats on your weight loss!  It's great to see the scale moving down instead of up!

poegirl100
on 5/30/11 3:20 am - Cibolo, TX
Thanks so much!  It still feels a little surreal to me.  I don't feel like I'm working hard enough at this new lifestyle to warrant losing that much weight.  I am trying hard to be very compliant every day, but since I'm not often hungry, I don't feel like I'm dieting, hence I'm not suffering enough!  Crazy Vickie again! 

It's interesting to observe all the "head" issues that come up with this journey, isn't it?

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 5/29/11 11:54 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Kristie and OFF!!! 2 threads today...LOL so I will say HI on both so no feelings are hurt!!! ;-)

Hope you all have a nice Memorial day today and remember WHY we have this day!!! Thank a veteran if you see one....

HUGS

Kristi N.
on 5/30/11 12:13 am - NC
Glad to see my friends are waking up all over the US. This is a pretty big weekend here on Emerald Isle. We can always anticipate high traffic volume and bumper to bumper on our 2 lane road with everybody trying to get over the bridge. It helps to know the "back way" and sneak past all the tourists...lol

Trish, I envy your crafting abilities. I never learned to sew and feel inept at even attaching a button by hand. I know how to crochet but haven't started a project in years. Seems like I get started, put it aside, and never go back. Right now I couldn't find my supplies in closet due to my adult kid's stuff in what used to be my bedroom.

With any luck, we MIGHT get out of here early today and be able to spend time with our families. Too bad my Hunny already cut the grass. He knows I love to get out the riding mower and just go! We have a little over an acre and when he found out how much I enjoy the mower, he decided he could do it all by himself! There is just something so great about being on that riding mower, not being able to hear the cell phone, nobody to bother you, your thoughts to yourself...ah, pardon me while I wander off to Nirvana...

Kristi

HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
poegirl100
on 5/30/11 3:25 am - Cibolo, TX
Kristi--I pulled out my crochet again just to give me something to do in the evenings.  Never have been one to just sit and watch TV.  I have to have something else to occupy me.  Usually it was cookies or chips!!!  LOL!  Anyway, the crochet helps to keep me occupied and out of the pantry. Just a thought.

And girl, if you like to mow, I wish you could come here and mow for me!  I have 10 acres to keep up while my husband is away.  I have a closer relationship with my John Deere than I do with my family!  I am looking forward to the day when we can retire to the lakehouse and I don't have to mow anything again!

Have a good day with all the tourists!

Vickie 

Irishcoda
on 5/30/11 12:35 am
Good morning Kristi and everyone on OFF,

Happy Memorial Day and God bless all our present and past servicemen and women!

We were up bright and early so we (my husband, daughter and I) decided to go get a haircut.  We figured it wouldn't be busy because most people went down the shore or to a family picnic or something.  It's been hot all week and promises to be even hotter next week so we decided to get nice *short* haircuts!

Today is a family send off party for one of my nephews.  He is going to be stationed in Afghanistan.  We'd hoped to go but my hubby's been in excrutiating pain the last several days and can't handle a 2 hour (one way) car trip.  It's disappointing but what can you do?  Hubby will call nephew later to wish him well.

We'll have a quiet, relaxing day at home.

Have a great holiday, everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 391 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1195 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views