Pre-Op Apathy

Seiren
on 11/2/12 10:55 am - The Colony, TX
VSG on 12/17/09 with

Well, I had a successful sleeve, and I'm going to be having a lower body lift on Dec 13. The problem is, now that it's booked, I don't want to work out or eat well any more. I'm like well I'll work out afterwards. Why bother? WELL this is not a good thought process. I'm in grad school so I'm super busy and it's like an excuse not to work out. Bleh.

sonnieN
on 11/2/12 11:04 am - grand rapids, MI

Working out prior will only help you in your recovery. Going in w/ strong muscle and being healthy only speeds your recovery IMO. I worked out hard prior to my LBL & brachio and was very happy. Strong leg muscles helped when trying to get things and over compensate for the core being compromised. I was also walking almost upright at 10 days out which really surprised my surgeon.

Seiren
on 11/2/12 11:13 am - The Colony, TX
VSG on 12/17/09 with

That's a really good point. I'm so excited about the surgery I can hardly wait.

pamkb
on 11/2/12 11:56 am - Crestview, FL

Congrats on what you have achieved!  Now, lets kick that apathy out the back door, along with the pounds lost!!

Going into surgery strong and healthy not only will aid in your recovery but it also will give your surgeon a great body to drape.  I am scheduled for abdominoplasty and extended mastapexy on Tuesday and arm lift in Dec.  I have worked hard in the gym and have my body fat percentage less than 20 even though my weight settled about 8 pounds higher than I wanted. 

At Pre-Op this week, my surgeon was very effusive about the beautiful muscle tone.  His words "I consider myself an artist and you have just given me a beautiful blank canvas to be restretched!" 

Yeah, you're in grad school and you are busy BUT we have come so far past the point of making excuses for not taking care of ourselves??!!  Don't take baby steps backwards now.  You can do this!!!

Good luck!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Seiren
on 11/2/12 11:58 am - The Colony, TX
VSG on 12/17/09 with

Thanks! That was a good motivational point. My doctor did say that my muscle tone was good and that it would show through afterward. That really excited me! I have to keep going. I just can't wait for the first time I get to jog without all that belly flab bouncing around. I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

bamabelle16
on 11/3/12 9:05 am
I too worked out really hard for 1 yr prior to my bl/ba/brachioplasty surgery. I had no fat on arms, only skin and muscle, and they look so awesome! My hard work paid off! While it doesn't matter to the dr as he can do his work, it will help you with recovery and final results. Good luck with your surgery and speedy recovery. Now I am gearing up for lbl which will be by the end of March. fluids, protein load, and follow the program and you will be glad you did!
acbbrown
on 11/4/12 12:55 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im right there with you. I told my friend I'll just lipo off the extra cookies i'm eating :-p

I signed up to a 1/2 marathon 2 weeks before my surgery ( did it last weekend) just to FORCE myself to keep eating the best I can and exercising. I definitely slacked on my training because of the whole "what's the point if im going to lose my fitness" but I just kept at it. 

Just try and stay focused - you dont want to get in bad habits that will be hard to break post PS. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kim S.
on 11/4/12 7:43 am - Helena, AL

I TOTALLY get what you mean!  My LBL and BL is this Friday (gulp).  The past few weeks my arthritis in my knees has really been acting up, and I've been avoiding or dreading exercise....until I had a thought....better do as much as I can, because I'm gonna be down a while.

So, for this last week I'll get all my workouts in, remembering to savor them because I'll be sidelined for several weeks.  Oh, and FYI...I've had my fair share of Halloween candy.....figured the extra skin and fat is getting cut off anyway!!  laugh

Most Active