Hi all, new to this board

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 10:42 am - Holland, MI
My stats and stuff might be out of date.  Haven't been here in a while, but I just found out I am pregnant!  I am just about 12 months out from Roux-en-Y and I am wondering if this makes my pregnancy automatically high risk?  I am 32 and this is my first.  This surgery is the reason I finally got pregnant after 9+ years of trying.  Anyway, just wondering your thoughts and any advise on what steps I should take next.
Lexa321
on 5/15/09 11:41 am - weston, FL
congrats!!! welcome!!! and no is does not make us high risk... if your not eating carbs.. ya gotta start ... take your vits.. and you will be fine!
Splenderella
on 5/15/09 8:52 pm
Congrats & welcome!  Make sure you are taking your vitamins!! You will not be considered high risk... which is a good thing. :-)

Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!
247/154/145/139  Highest/Current/Goal/Lowest

Kimberly Z.
on 5/15/09 10:23 pm - MACEDONIA, OH
Congrats!! Welcome to the board! YOu will find a lot of great women and a lot of great info on here. No you shouldn't be considered high risk because of the surgery. Most people have a prett normal pregnancy. Like the othr posters stated make sure you are geting enough carbs and taking your vitamins!
HUgs,
Kim
Highest /Surgery/Lowest/post preggo
268/242/143/198
Mom to Eli 11-15-2009 and Olivia 7-2-2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
AnnS
on 5/15/09 10:44 pm - Smyrna, GA
Welcome Amanda Jo....and CONGRATS on your WLS and prengnancy....you have done amazing in one year....

Nope, not a risk....and get on vits now....I had to go off some of my meds too....so happy for you....after 9 years you have to be so excited.....it is an awesome feeling to be a mommy..... I love it....

preview image

Shannon O.
on 5/15/09 10:52 pm - Reading, PA
In my OB's practice it does make your high risk... and if you are over 30 he treats you high risk just to be safe... you won't be able to do the normal GD testing which is why out here where I live you get sent to a high risk doc... mine also told me how many calories, protein, carbs etc to eat... I have only had to meet with him once but to me it answered a lot of questions... and I will get an extra set of US because of our bowels can twist, etc while pregnant... so the US is more of those organs than the baby...

Hollywog
on 5/15/09 11:01 pm
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. 

Most drs don't seem to consider WLS patients to be high risk, but as Shannon (the pp) indicated, some do.  Even if they do, your pregnancy should progress as normal...and it just might mean a few extra blood tests to check & make sure you're not deficient on anything...and a few extra u/s's to take a peak at your little one...which I'm SURE you wouldn't complain about...right?! 

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 2:57 am - Holland, MI
Thanks to all of you!  That makes me feel a lot better.  I am VERY excited and so is my husband.  This has been a long time coming and without this surgery I am sure I would have NEVER gotten pregnant!  God bless my surgeon and my baby!  And all of you and your's too!

Tricia K.
on 5/16/09 4:15 am - LA
I can't answer your question regarding RNY and pregnancy as I am a lap band patient/mommy, but wanted to congratulate you nonetheless.

SHANNYN B.
on 5/16/09 4:45 am
Congrats and WELCOME!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views