Scared but trying to not panic

Just-Jenn
on 5/18/09 10:48 pm - Midstate Region, PA
Okay- if everyone remembers I have sometimes irrational fears of having a m/c since I have lived through that experience.  I have my healthy baby girl, and I am expecting again.  I had a rented doppler which was my peice of sanity through my pregnancy until the end (if kicking got  slow I used it to feel better). Well, literally when I was leaving the hospital I found out  my sister was expecting so I let her use the doppler...but when she returned it to me last week- it sounds awful, and isn't clear anymore.  So I figured it needed a new battery...listened couldn't hear squat, not a womb noise, no heartbeat, nothing...so I packed it away and decided to wait for a few days...tried again- heard nothing...(held it to my heart to just check the machine..yep heartbeat nice a loud, still crappy static) ..so I am HORRIFIED that I am not pregnant anymore and that I just am going through the motions and feeling pregnant because of the progesterone (which I am now weaning from) which also insues panic when I drop supplement even though I know it should be fine.  I am almost 15 weeks.  I go to the Dr's tomorrow for a check up---but I am scared to death.  I just had to tell someone because DH gets all frustrated with me.  And of course I am rationalizing that my boobs aren't sore as much, etc (probably all from reducing that progesterone).  Thanks for letting me vent!

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Mandy_
on 5/18/09 11:00 pm - cincinnati, OH
baby could be hiding couldn't it?

hugs.  maybe call your doctor and see if you can get in today if it might ease your mind some.  I hope everything is ok.

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

armywife12
on 5/18/09 11:12 pm - IN

I am telling you to scream and cry at your do****il they get you in and check for you.

Angie

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 11:14 pm
Hoping the baby is just being stubborn.  I would call as soon as you can and tell your OB you need to be seen.  Don't take no for an answer, ok?

Keep us posted, please.

Sharon
Just-Jenn
on 5/18/09 11:39 pm - Midstate Region, PA
I really hope all is fine, but deep down I am scared to death..I plan to wait until my appointment tomorrow...and let them tell me..I guess I am trying to say- I figure knowing today verse tomorrow won't make much of a difference (besides my sanity which because I am a worrier I have learned how to distract myself).  I know last time I was at the OB (11 weeks or so) they couldn't find the HB with the handheld machine so I had an u/s quick to see heartbeat.. so perhaps baby is just being difficult.  I also know right now baby is tiny so it is harder to find that heartbeat.  Then I had the 12 week u/s for basic genetic stats, and everything was measuring good  So I am praying hard that I am just being an idoit (not using enough gel- can't find heartbeat because of operator).  I keep telling myself I would love to have this baby- but I have my daughter. I go tomorrow and I will definately keep everyone posted.  Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could just slip away to see the Dr's quick today to know-but I know I'm going tomorrow and their office is insane! Til tomorrow.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

suzytil
on 5/18/09 11:49 pm - Livonia, MI
That is why I won't allow myself to buy a doppler.   I think I would drive myself and my husband crazy!    You have to remember you aren't a trained professional on those things.   You baby is still so tiny.   It's difficult for the nurse's to find the HB sometimes.     I think everything will be fine tomorrow and you'll hear your baby's HB.    Just try to think positive thoughts and relax.   Maybe throw that doppler out the window!
 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

PaulaRP
on 5/19/09 12:38 am, edited 5/19/09 12:38 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm thinking of you Jenn....I completely feel the same way...so afraid that something will go wrong. I too am 15 weeks.

My doppler won't arrive until later this week...and I'm hoping it will help ease my mind.

Thinking of you and PLEASE keep the board posted,

--Paula

ETA: By the way, peole tend to project only about bad things. When I'm thinking negative thoughts (especially about my pregnancy) I try to have a positive projection to replace the negative one.

Pregnancy Ticker
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/19/09 1:46 am - Sacramento, CA
I hear you - I know what it feels like to be scared the whole time after a miscarriage. Maybe baby is hiding. My doctor had to chase my baby down and hold her in place to get a very faint sounding (but strong) heartbeat over the doppler up until 28 weeks. Sometimes it would take her several minutes to find it and my heart would just race.

I will keep my fingers crossed that all is ok and your baby likes to be stubborn!!! Hang in there.

(((HUGS))) Dawn
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

SHANNYN B.
on 5/19/09 2:52 am
Hoping baby is just stubborn and hiding from you!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Julie122780
on 5/19/09 3:27 am
I know how you feel. I bought a doppler following 2 losses and I had no problem finding the heartbeat and then one evening I tried for like 15 minutes and I could not find it. I began panicking and thinking the worst. I put the doppler down and left the room and I felt like I was starting to have a panic attack. I went to the bathroom thinking that if I emptied my bladder it would make the baby move. The second I touched the probe to my skin again, there was the heartbeat. If you think you can handle it emotionally, I would try it with a completely full bladder and if no luck, try with it completely empty. Also, you might have to try in a different location than you are used to finding the HB, they do like to hide from time to time. Be patient because at 15 wks it occasionally took me a while to find it.I usually found it directly to the left or right of my belly button but down closer to my pubic bone. My doppler has been my saving grace thoughout this pregnancy. Hoping all is well! Best of luck!

Ticker id: 3XC7                    Ticker id: Sisj

Mom of 2 angels: Kaitlyn Marie 8-22-07 & Jenna Michaela 4-10-08
Molar Pregnancy in 3/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views