Boob question, TMI probably

CW
on 5/18/09 3:01 am - Western, CO

So I have a TMI question for you ladies.  I had a breast reduction done a few years ago, surgeon said I may or may not be able to breast feed this time.  I am fine with it either way.  But today I noticed some discharge coming from my nipple on one side.  It isn't like the thin watery milky stuff that I remember from my son which was before my reduction.  So, my question is, do you think that means that I will be able to produce milk and try breast feeding? 
I plan on asking my OB at my next appt but thought that someone on here too. 
Thanks,
Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)
mini goal, pre pregnancy weight!

Shauna S.
on 5/18/09 3:17 am - Amsterdam, NY
Sounds like to me, but I'm definitely not an expert. Good luck.

CW
on 5/18/09 8:30 am - Western, CO
I sure hope so!

Lilypie - (D7uA)

Stacey H.
on 5/18/09 3:38 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Hi there! I know of plenty of women who have had breast reduction surgery and have successfully breastfed their babies! It depends on the amount of breast tissue they took and how close to the nipple it was. At the very least, I'd give it a try and see how it goes. Good luck!

Stacey proud mama to Aleah, Allison, Austin, AnnikaAndrew

CW
on 5/18/09 8:31 am - Western, CO
Thanks Stacey, that is great to know.  I hope I can, and plan on giving it a try atleast.

Lilypie - (D7uA)

thetexgal
on 5/18/09 4:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
I don't have any comments about the boobs but I wanted to say hi! I can't believe you are already 33 weeks. I am sure you can!!!

Just wanted to say hi!

Traci
CW
on 5/18/09 8:34 am - Western, CO
Hi to you too!  I have been wondering how you are feeling?  You are half way through the first trimester already!  It will fly by for you. 
It has gone really fast for me, but I think these last few weeks are going to be rough.  I can't wait till June 24th!! 
Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 9:11 am - Hico, TX
RNY on 01/29/08 with
I would think so. I had breast augmentation (Under the muscle) 6 years ago,....and i am currently going through the same "Symptoms"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views