Bigger Car for Growing Family

PaulaRP
on 5/20/09 12:40 am - North of Boston, MA
So, with our family growing, I realize my car won't be meeting our needs once the baby arrives. My car needs to be able to transport both the baby and dog safely, simultaneously. Currently I have an '03 Honda Accord, which has been wonderful...but I feel strongly that a dog must be separate from the baby's area. Elsie (that's the dog) is too large to fit in the passenger seat. So clearly, I need something with an area behind the back seat.

So far, I'm debating between the '09 Honda CRV and the '09 Subaru Forester. Consumer Reports says glowing things about both cars and recommends them. I'm a huge fan of Honda and adore our local dealer's service department, they've been terrific to me. But, I'm highly attracted to the Forester because it seems more wagon-like to me instead of SUV-like. Also, my husband already has a CRV...an older one from '03. I feel my prejudices against it (crappy design that year compared to my Honda the same year!) might rub off on the newer one.

Anyone have either the '09 Honda CRV and the '09 Subaru Forester? If so, any feedback--good or bad?

--Paula
 Pregnancy Ticker
Lexa321
on 5/20/09 1:13 am - weston, FL
i have neither... i do have an 06 chev trailblazer ext... my dog.. which is a 57 lb chow mix and my 20 lb 7 month old fit nice together.. it has 3 rows.. the last one folds down... which provides room for the dog and all the baby crap .. stroller... diaper bag... so on and so forth
Just-Jenn
on 5/20/09 1:27 am - Midstate Region, PA
Paula-  I had the 07 CRV which carries the most of the same features and same body designs as the 09.  I am not a fan of mini vans or SUV's / wagons.  I like cars.  However, the CRV drives more like a car, handled like a car and had LOTS of space.  We had two adults, a 18 year old, a car seat (with baby in it) and a 5'6 12 year old girl in ours all the time...the room in the "trunk" would have been okay for a doggie- though I never tried it.  I don't think you can beat Honda's when compaired to Subaru. That's just my opinion for what its worth.  I need to get opinions on mini vans because my DH wants to trade his truck for mini van to carry the crew around town. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/20/09 1:45 am - Sacramento, CA
I am no help - I went from a Toyota 4 runner to a Nissan Armada! LOL! My girlfriend has a Forester and just LOVES it!!! Suburu's are good - my DH had a WRX for several years, it was an awesome car..... their service department here rocked!
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Shannon O.
on 5/20/09 12:30 pm - Reading, PA
i had a subaru legacy wagon... which is now basically the new forester... we loved it... we could use it to hawl stuff from home depot etc... but I have never had an suv... I went from the wagon to a mini van... lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1254 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1331 views