For Those Who Take OneSource Brand Prenatals

PaulaRP
on 5/18/09 9:58 pm - North of Boston, MA
HI Ladies--

For the past 2+ years, I have taken OneSource Brand Prenatal vitamins which I purchase at Walmart. I got the tip to use them from women on this board (Debbie O., specifically). The daily dose is 2 pills...which are rather small for prenatals...the same size as a Tylenol caplet. They go down easily and don't hav a bad aftertaste and I haven't noticed any side effects. I took them for the full 2 years I TTC'd and currently as well. 

Of course, I just ran out and went to buy more and can't find them. I'm going to try a few more Wal-Mart locations to see if they have any.

If I have to switch...is there any over-the-counter brand* you use and suggest?

--Paula

* My OB is fine with me taking OTC prenatals, especially since I take a bunch of additional supplements religiously.
 Pregnancy Ticker
Shauna S.
on 5/18/09 10:29 pm - Amsterdam, NY
Oye - I take OneSource and get them from Walmart as well and I'm almost out - I should probably check my store as well. Thanks for the heads up.

As for an alternative, my OB recommended One-A-Day Prenatal. Never used it so I'm not sure about the size, after taste or anything like that - but just a suggestion.

cali4yalove25
on 5/19/09 11:48 am - CA
I used to take the OneSource then I traded to the Target brand. I compared the two and these are actual a little better. PLUS you only have to take ONE pill a day and its not too much bigger than the OneSource ones...

Hope it helps...
pre-op/current/goal   5'9
287/160/160    Clothes sizes, pre op:24, 2XL  current:6(some 4s) S or M shirts

Lilypie - (A5dP)     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1239 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views