Food we can't eat...

Shauna S.
on 5/20/09 10:40 pm - Amsterdam, NY
I'm a HUGE feta fan and it's the one thing I haven't had during my pregnancy! I've avoided it all together and have done okay. With lunchmeat - I advoided it until my third trimester - then I couldn't contain myself anymore. I hate hot lunch meat so heating it was never an option, so I just stayed away. Now I love me some turkey sandwiches (with BBQ pringles and pickles - I'm soooooo pregnant!)

Dev *.
on 5/20/09 11:21 pm - Austin, TX
I've been pretty good, i've eaten plenty of pastuerized feta, but I've been heating lunch meats and I haven't cleaned the litter box (my husband is the person who usually cleans it anyway - another reason to love him), but the other day I couldn't help it, I broke down and at salmon sashimi. It was soooo good!
I look at the whole cheese and raw fish issue this way: I'm pretty sure they're eating whatever cheese they want in France and whatever raw fish they want in Japan, and I don't hear about them having an epidemic of problems as a result, so breaking the rules a little now and then probably isn't going to be a catastrophe!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Liz R.
on 5/21/09 12:15 am - Easton, PA
lol that's exactly what my Mom said - and our parents/grandparents didn't stop eating anything, contiuned smoking (which I DO NOT condone) and kept drinking! And we are all mostly fine! lol

Oh and my Mom's other solution was drink extra water after you eat something you shouldn't - Gotta love Mom!

Shauna S.
on 5/21/09 12:40 am - Amsterdam, NY
If we all followed to "do-not-eat" list - we would probably starve ourselves - because it seems with the over abundance of processed foods - nothing is good for us anymore!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1280 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 879 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1349 views