Food we can't eat...

camerons_mommy
on 5/20/09 6:52 am - Superior, WI
Ok so my OB told me that I'm not to eat soft cheeses, fish (in moderation) and lunch meat.
She did say for the cheeses its ok if it's pasteurized. Well I LOVE blue cheese and feta! I looked online and found that most blue cheese and feta in the US is pasteurized. Anybody know any brands I could eat? Or if it's true that most in the US are pasteurized? Thanks girls!

Jackie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mommy to Cameron and Connor
Step Mom to Zack, Kat and Becca

tripmom02
on 5/20/09 6:54 am - NJ
It should say it right on the package of cheese, if it's pasturized it will say it right on the lable! I am a big fan of both and have not had a hard time finding them in my grocery store.  

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/20/09 7:58 am - Sacramento, CA
NO LUNCH MEAT??! Oh man! I have eaten so much lunch meat this pregnancy..... I am afraid my kid might come out a chunk of roast beef (or a nestle crunch ice cream bar! LOL!) I hope I didn't do any damage.......
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

camerons_mommy
on 5/20/09 8:00 am - Superior, WI
Yeah I never knew about it! I ate it all the time with Cameron...He is just fine LOL! But yeah who knew!

Jackie

SophiesMommy
on 5/20/09 1:15 pm - Logan, UT
Hey Dawn, You're not supposed to have lunchmeat because the bacteria listeriosis lives in it sometimes and it can be deadly to the baby potentially.  You would know because you'd get sick--vomiting and such--if you had been exposed to the bacteria.  You're ok for now, but be careful!  You can bake your lunchmeat to kill the bacteria, but that's a pain and it dries it out, so I just gave it up until Sophie arrived.
staceylerae
on 5/20/09 8:04 am - Garland, TX
RNY on 06/22/07 with
My ob said no  lunch meat that is pre packaged but the deli lunch meat is fine.  I eat it all the time, I just make sure to get the kind that is not processed. I was also told that Feta cheese is a no go and I to love Feta
camerons_mommy
on 5/20/09 8:06 am - Superior, WI
Mine told me feta that is pasteurized is ok! So I'm going to go look!

Jackie

SophiesMommy
on 5/20/09 1:17 pm - Logan, UT
Stacy, I have been told in no uncertain terms by more than one health professional that the fresh deli meat can be potentially very unsafe too.  You might want to do a little more research.  I mean, it's a slight chance that the bacteria would get you, but that's a scary thought.  Don't be offended.  I just don't know why doctors give conflicting info.
Ksandra
on 5/20/09 8:31 am - Sumner, WA
Most cheeses here are pasturized I believe.  Someone brought the BEST hunk of bleu cheese to school last night - super soft and creamy - to spread on crackers. OMG!  It looked like she got it at some specialty shop yet the first ingredient was "pasturized milk" so that was good enough for me!  LOL!

And I eat lunchmeat and did all thru my last pregnancy.  Never had a problem!  I think you just need to make sure things are fresh and don't have a funky odor to them.  Well, the meat, not the cheese!  LOL!

Sandy
Mom to Holden (5 yrs), Kellen (2 yrs) and Clara and Chloe born 11/6/09

SHANNYN B.
on 5/20/09 8:35 am
My nutritionist just told me to warm the lunch meat before eating. Something about them being cold. No clue. I did eat them with both of my boys though. Nothing wrong with them.
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test