Stats on TTC?

Lindsey M.
on 5/20/09 1:59 pm - CA
Does anyone know that stats on how long it normally takes for a women who gets a regular menstrual period each month to get pregnant?? and the state for women with PCOS who still get a regular period every month to get pregnant ?? on Average how many months??

Thanks!
Lindsey

*I Love My RNY!*  
SophiesMommy
on 5/20/09 2:07 pm - Logan, UT
Nope, no clue.  But wanted to say hi cause I'm just east of Sac.  We're neighbors practically.
Lindsey M.
on 5/21/09 5:01 am - CA
Very nice! We are living in Olivehurst now.

*I Love My RNY!*  
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/20/09 3:05 pm - Sacramento, CA
I think they say average women *without PCOS* should seek help after 12 months of TTC and no success... but don't quote me on that.

I have PCOS, get cycles every 28 days and ovulate on time (since losing 165 lbs) I got pregnant on my 2nd IUI cycle with my 1st DD....

She was born in August 07, got my period back on Thanksgiving (which is weird because that was also the day of my last cycle when getting pregnant with her) got pregnant on our own during my January 08 cycle (so 3 months) miscarried in April :(

My period was finally normal again in July, got pregnant on my September 08 cycle - on our own after failed IUIs in July & August.We are expecting Isabella on or before June 27th!

HTH :)
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Lindsey M.
on 5/20/09 3:30 pm - CA
Thank you for all of that information, and congrats to you and your growing family. I hope you continue to have a healthy rest of your pregnancy.

*I Love My RNY!*  
thetexgal
on 5/20/09 11:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
It can take up to a year to get pregnant. They recommend if you are 34 or under, and having normal periods monthly, that you don't go to an Reproductive Endecronologist until after trying for 12 months straight with charting and etc. If you are 35 or up it is after 6 months and 39 and above after 3 months.

If you have never had children, you can get yourself and hubby tested to make sure there are no "issues" with either of you.

My hubby and I tried for 12 months. We went to an RE after 6 months because I was 34, going to be 35, and the RE and my OB didn't want me to waste any more time. We had three IUI's and the third was the charm.

Good luck to you!

Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1254 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1331 views