Pregnancy after TT

sanguinarythorn
on 5/20/09 11:13 am - Newport News, VA
On May 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, Lexa321 wrote:
i was about 1.5 years out..it was horriable.. it felt like my muscles were ripping....

.... 2 days before i delivered at 35 weeks
Did you have muscle tightening with your TT?
Lexa321
on 5/20/09 11:52 am - weston, FL
yes
jennjenn
on 5/21/09 12:03 am
I just see we have the same dr...small world! I was 3 years out from my GB & 10 months out from my TT (with muscle tightening) when I found out by SURPRISE that I was pregnant! Wow! My first pg was 10 years ago & I was very heavy then so I hated not "looking pg" only  bigger so I completely understand what you mean! So...that being said, while this wasn't the way I would have originally planned for this since a lot of mine was pay out of pocket so that was a little devastating to consider I would waste all the money & effort I spent BUT it has really and truly not been so bad. I lost 180 pounds from my GB so I had a LOT of skin, doc removed 18 lbs of skin so I know what you mean..if I still was carrying all that skin around, I would not look pg..I defitinely have the baby bump & only a baby bump....I had this nice & flat stomach & now poof there is a baby sticking out! LOL! It does drive me nuts though when folks say are you carrying him in your pocket? You don't even  look pg! Ok so do I just look fat or what? I am 7 months now, due in July.

I can say for comfort....I definitely feel things stretching much more pronounced this time but I am sure that has a lot to do with the muscle tightening aspect. And even as my skin stretches, I know that I will not be able to stretch it back out to what it was before...sure, I might not have that flat tummy that I had but I will have a wonderful beautiful son that is truly a blessing & for that, I am very thankful and blessed.

So good luck with your TT, who is your plastic surgeon? Hope that helps & if you want to chat more, feel free to email me!
triciam
on 5/21/09 8:54 am - riverside, CA
had a tt and muscles tightened.may 2006.  I had 12 lbs of skin removed after 160 or so lb loss after my RNY Feb 2005.
I had  3 kids so thought it was a safe bet.. paid out of pocket and was excited to be rid of the skin flap..sigh.. then got pregnant again had my tt may 2006 ,just had my 4th baby Feb 20 2009.

anyway i looked fat, wide, never had a baby bump..it was a miserable pregnancy.I looked wide, barrel shaped and ugly.. felt hideous the whole time.. plus the baby was so tight in there... never looked pregnant just frumpy....plus was very uncomfortable,,, But after the c-section my tummy was flat right away.. tummy is flat now:-)people that see me say i look amazing after just having a baby.. so must have held up ok:-)
triciam
on 5/21/09 8:54 am - riverside, CA
it was may 2007 sorry:-(
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1272 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 874 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1345 views