Pregnancy after TT

sanguinarythorn
on 5/20/09 9:19 am - Newport News, VA
Hello all. I haven't posted here since last year sometime when I was pregnant. Crazy how time flies.

I have a TT scheduled for 07/14. I'm curious to hear from ladies who are pregnant post TT. How far out from the TT are you? Do you have a pronounced baby bump? Is it uncomfortable (more so than normal)? I'm trying to find out how long I should wait after the TT before trying to get pregnant again.  
vwilliams
on 5/20/09 9:25 am
Have a baby before the TT!! I had mine in Mar 06, am on baby #2 but after the first I was still flat just not as tight. And to me it is uncomfortable but I never had a child before the TT so I dont if thats normal or not.
sanguinarythorn
on 5/20/09 10:21 am - Newport News, VA
*sigh* I don't mean to be rude ladies... but like I said, I already have a TT scheduled for 07/14. I had my first baby last August. 

I had open RNY 4 years ago and lost over 100 lbs. I have a lot of extra skin around my tummy and just want the skin GONE. Everytime I tell someone I'm having a TT, the first question they ask me is, "Well what if you want more children?" As if a TT makes me steril or something.

When I was pregnant, I always felt depressed when I looked in the mirror because the dangling skin from my tummy always took the focus away from my baby bump. I remember just wanting the skin gone so I could appreciate my bump. In a way, one of the biggest reasons I want this done is so I can get pregnant again (weird, I know.)

I'm not having muscle tightening, one because I don't want it done, but two- insurance will only cover the skin removal.  I'm not so worried about the skin stretching a little from pregnancy, as long as it doesn't wind up like it is now... which I seriously doubt.
vwilliams
on 5/20/09 10:30 am
In my opinion I would wait until after I was DONE having kids - I wish I wasn't in such a rush but I know what your going through. I wanted it done I hated the skin but I so would have waited but its ultimately your decision.
vwilliams
on 5/20/09 10:31 am
I didn't read the last post before posting the message before this and I agree about just looking fatter and like a barrel the first time. This time I'm sticking out in the front but last time it kind of went sideways dr even asked where I was hiding her.LOL
Mandy_
on 5/20/09 1:00 pm - cincinnati, OH
I didn't say what I said to make you feel bad.

I've been fat most of my life.  I was huge for both my first and second pregnancy.  I'm pregnant now and still have tons of extra skin and a big nasty fat roll.

I just couldn't imagine going through all the TT stuff and then possibly ruin it by having another child.  that was all.

if you 'need' to do it, by all means go for it.  will your insurance cover a second one??  something to consider.

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Mandy_
on 5/20/09 9:41 am - cincinnati, OH
yep. wait for that tummy tuck.  very few women go back to that flat perfect belly after a baby. some do.

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Jennifer38
on 5/20/09 10:12 am
I got pregnant with my last baby 11 months after my TT. I never looked pregnant, gained 25 pounds and looked fatter. I was shaped like a barrel. I don't think I was any more uncomfortable then my other pregnancies. Good luck!
Lexa321
on 5/20/09 10:48 am - weston, FL
i was about 1.5 years out..it was horriable.. it felt like my muscles were ripping....

.... 2 days before i delivered at 35 weeks
sanguinarythorn
on 5/20/09 11:12 am - Newport News, VA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views