"Big Babies". Holy crap!

crystal dewdrops
on 3/26/11 4:52 pm - Australia
Hi

I haven't seen the show, would like to now. I'm surprised that the one who weighed over 400lbs got pregnant. Did they all carry to term?. My friend who was about 320+lbs had her son at 26weeks because there wasn't any room for him to grow.

I have had 3 children so far and my weight kept going up after all of them. My biggest child was 7lb 10oz I weighed in at 120lbs ( I'm 5'2) at the beginning of my pregnancy and again 24hrs after having him. My next one was 7lb 2oz I was 200lbs and my last one was 7lbs 7oz and I was  231lbs. I had 3rd degree tears with all 3 and broke my tailbone with my first and my last ones.

I really worry about this ones size because I can't eat as much as I did with the others. I did eat very healthy with them all even more healthy with this one ( I can't stand sweet foods) and it makes me wonder if it will be the same size as the others smaller or bigger.

Best wishes
Crystal
SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

RainyDayWoman
on 3/27/11 3:52 am - Fridley, MN
That is odd that they told your friend at 320 that there was no room for her baby to grow.  Don't women grow OUT no matter what our size?  I wonder if the baby was growth restricted (IUGR) and your friend misinterpreted what that meant.  Anyway, I was quite a bit bigger than your friend when I had my daughter and I am pretty sure I would have carried her past 40 weeks, but I had her a day before due date because my BP was going up.  My daughter was very healthy and normal sized.  I'm not saying all women who are very obese should choose to have babies, but often the pregnancies do go all right.
Rhie P.
on 3/27/11 11:28 pm, edited 3/27/11 11:28 pm
I have big babies.....with my first I was healthy as a lark.....well.....maybe not a lark....blood sugar was great, eating was great, weigh gain was great (gained 26lbs) and she was born (induced) at 39 weeks at 10lbs 1oz (c/s)....baby number too I diet controlled GD (caused from baby 1 being big)....he was born at 38 wks exactly at 9lbs 15 oz (they took him early because he was growing, growing, growing.........baby # 3 I had insulin/diet controlled GD.....he was born at 37 wks exactly at was 9lbs 2 oz (taken early due to size as well)....was told if I went to 40 wks with him he's be close to 12lbs - N.O T.H.A.N.K.S!!

I never gained more then 30lbs with any of my pregnancies.....don't remember with baby 2, but with Ethan (my youngest) I was 220 when I got preg, 232 when I delivered and 205 when I left the hospital.

I ate sweets during my pregnancies, but I never gorged out on anything.......but with babies that are 12-15lbs....can almost bet they were untreated GD babies.

Rhie

esmcgreer
on 3/28/11 2:17 am
I have had four babies, the smallest was 9.6, the largest, 9.14.  During my years of all those pregnancies I averaged about 170 pounds.  I ate a normal balanced diet and indulged when I wanted but not to any huge extreme.  I had no GD either.  I have been told by all of my baby's Dr.'s and OB's that genetics is the prime determinant.  My husband weighed over 10 pounds at birth, and I was over 9 pounds.  My tiny sister in law, married to my husband's brother, also had four children over the 9 pound mark.  By the way, all children are extremely healthy, not a one is obese.  Also, all four of mine came on their own at the 37 week mark.  I believe it is mostly nature.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 11:26 am
I think diet plays a huge roll in my large babies prior to WLS.  My son was born at 35 weeks weighing 7lbs 8 oz.  My older daughter was born at 40 weeks weighing 10lbs 9oz.  Now fast forward 9 years and a DS surgery later and my little Elise was born at 38 weeks 4 days weight 6lbs 15oz. 

So my guess would be my diet but *****ally knows.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1277 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views