HELP...I need a OB/GYN who understands us

dizzymisslizzy1976
on 3/30/11 10:38 am - Canada
Hi All..

I am finally fed up with my OB/Gyn. I remember asking my GP if she felt I needed a high risk OB/GYN, etc...She didn't think so. So here I am 6 months pregnant. I have developed, restless leg syndrome(possible magnesium deficiency, who knows), I also suffer from a previous blood clot in my lung post surgery, also I have iron deficency anemia...

First the last visit. I said the drug store is on back order for my injectable iron what can I do....So she says "take 4 tbsp of molassas it helps"...hmmmmok well the whole reason i had to go on injectable iron was because i wasnt absorbing other forms of iron. If I could eat things with enough iron in it I wouldn't need the injectable kind. am i right?

Next. I tell her I can't suffer another night of the restless legs. I tried for 3 weeks already before my appt to do everything natural to help...She says. take 400mg of magnesium 2x/day......and she gets dismissive to me like im stupid...Now I only know a small bit about this stuff but we also need calcium to process hte magnesium effectively. . I have been taking the stupid magnesium and have been suffering from bad leg cramps at night whihc i do understand is a pregnancy thing. But it can also be a calcium deficiency which would make sense. I'm so fed up..

the last straw is this because she has obviously no knowledge of our situation. She gives me my requsition for a bloog glucose pregnancy test which is standard. BUT as I was sitting there today thinking about getting the blood work done I thought hey if \I'm going to drink that horrible glucose sugar pop stuff will that not cause dumping syndrome which i get very easily after eating sugar.....so online I go and sure enough this does cause dumping syndrome. glad i checked or i would of been soooo ill at the lab.....

THANKS DOC!!

I live in the Brantford area. Does anyone know ANY OB/GYN's from here, even in hamilton that know our needs. ??

frustrated.......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20757;28/st/20110709/k/9d70/preg.png[/img]
[/url]
MusicMaryn
on 3/31/11 2:41 am - San Jose, CA
I'm in California so I can't help there.  But I'm so sorry that you're having these medical issues and an OB who obviously doesn't get it.  I'm sure you'll find a better OB for you.  I would suggest asking your bari surgeon for a referrence.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

DoinItRNY
on 3/31/11 3:33 am
I'm in NY so I also can't help you there.  But, maybe you should turn to your GP or bariatric surgeon for immediate help.  Someone needs to order a full blood workup on you to put any deficiency fears to rest and figure out the next move.  I think with your medical history and the anemia, it may be a good idea to search for a high-risk OB. 

So sorry you're having all this trouble...hope all works out. 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1265 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 872 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1342 views