Teen Mom 2

trouble256
on 3/29/11 12:38 pm - Athens, AL
First let me say, I am sick....I watch this show religiously. (IDK why) It infuriates me that MTV made a show, but I cant help bu****ch it. These girls have NO IDEA what the real world is like. What would they do if Mom/Dad/Grandma/Baby Daddy's parents werent there to help? I mean REALLY?!?! 

Im not saying young mothers are bad. I know a couple people who had children rather early and did an AMAZING job. (I also know a 35+ yr old mom can be a total crap shoot)

Lets hear your thoughts....(well read) What do you think about Teen Mom 2? Do you think this encourages teen girls to get pregnant in hopes they will get a tv show? What would you do if your teen daughter came to you with a positive pregnancy test?  Any other things you wanna add....feel free!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
chelle614
on 3/29/11 1:06 pm - Chester, NY
Still watching it...Jenelle is a total train wreck and according to recent video, hasn't cleaned up her act. I am worried about her kid. Even though her mom is taking care of him I think there is way too much screaming & dysfunction going on in that house.
Chelsea....well let's just say, bless her dad. And where can I find an awesome dad like that? LOL .
I am proud of Cory & Leah :)
Kailyin, she is really struggling and trying. I think Joe's parents were very harsh on her and are instigators behind the scenes.
P.S what is up with all the commercials??

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

plusizedbarbie
on 3/29/11 1:32 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
I watch it too even though it makes me vomit in my mouth sometimes.  I am a YOUNG mom (23) BUT I finished my college education and am a SAHM.  Most of these girls have not even finish high school.

Janelle is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen.  I don't even think her mother is a great choice, I mean, SHE raised Janelle and she is a huge screw up.  Aren't children most times a product of their environment?  They are both loose cannons that go off about everything and it is not healthy for that little boy.  I cry every time I see them yell in front of him.

Chelsea is in a complete fantasy world.  Her father does EVERYTHING for her and she is a complete spoiled brat.  That kid drinks more juice than I have ever seen one child drink.  She is a decent parent but needs a big girl pill.  BTW her friend Megan who is on the show is now pregnant at 19... so yes I think it influences other teens being she is the one who lived with Chelsea and Aubrie.

Kailyn is trying to better herself.  Jo's parents are completely wrong in trying to keep the two together.  Jo is totally mentally abusive and needs a swift kick in the ass.  He is SO arrogant, Kailyn never did anything wrong to him, he was acting that way from the 16 and pregnant episode.  And his parents trying to guilt them into a relationship is so wrong.

Leah is a pretty good mom.  With Sage having minor medical problems, I lost it.  I cannot imagine having a child and not knowing if she was ever going to walk.  She and Cory belong together raising those girls. 
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

Kerri B.
on 3/29/11 9:22 pm
I'm a reality tv junkie so I also admit I'm hooked on these stupid shows on MTV! They irritate me and get me fired up almost weekly, but I still watch..UGH!! I agree with most of the statements made...

Leah- I think she is an awesome mom to her girls and I think Corey is the biggest sweetheart and loves his family to death. I've read the tabloids tho (another downfall I know UGH) and it seems that they're already having marriage problems tho. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the TV show and all.

Jenelle- Oh dear Lord!! I hate her mothering skills, but then I watch her mother belittle her and then the screaming- oh dear lord- how is that child so content in most of the episodes?? Reminds me of the Dr. Phil motto- kids would rather be from a broken home then in a broken home!! And her bf---what a schmuck!!!

Kailyn- My heart breaks for her because I think she is a great example of being a young mom, who made a horrible mistake getting pregnant so early, but wants to make things right for her and her child. I can't stand Jo and his family and I garuntee also his parents are big instigators behind the scenes...his mom tries to act like she's nice to her, but she treats her like crap just like her son does...monkey see monkey do there!! Not to mention her mother- absent for most of everything then wow all of a sudden she's super mom to her now too? That poor girl got the short end of the stick when it came to parenting and guidance and I commend her for her efforts to do better by her son.

Chelsea- YA- SPOILED! Her dad needs to show her some tough love, but that is a man that loves his child and his grandchild even more. I think he pushes the Adam envelope too much with her though, which drives her back to him unfortunately.

Hmmm.did I forget someone? Seems like it, but I guess that's my newborn brain telling me baby is sleeping now go lay down!! :)
Lexa321
on 3/29/11 9:49 pm - weston, FL
hi.. my name is alexa and im a teen mom addict.

i really feel for leah ... but i think allie has some type of dwarfism.... jo is an ass and i wouldnt care if he got hit by a train. janelle im not so sure about... shes a **** her mom is nuts... but i dont think shes a product of her environment... no one wants your child to end up with assholeism... for example- my mil was a great mom when she was rasing her kids... my sil ended up drug addicted and homeless...k- i wish i could give her a hug.... c- she reminds me of pharah from the other teen mom..
Amy A.
on 3/29/11 11:18 pm, edited 3/29/11 11:21 pm - Riceville, TN
I am addicted to all the 16 & Preg, Teen Mom, and Teen Mom2 shows. I think that the message these shows send it two-fold. On one hand you have a whole generation of girls trying to get pregnant so they can become TV stars. Then again, there are the ones that try to do right, and try to be good examples even though they made mistakes in the past.

Off topic, but I despise Jenelle. She is nothing but trash and doesn't deserve to be a mother. I literally scream at the TV when its her "turn" during the episodes, it just infuriates me so much! There are so many women who would give anything to be a mother (myself included), yet she just throws her child away to her mother (who is no better) and has a general disregard for his wellbeing.

Ok, rant over.
amykic
on 3/30/11 12:26 am - spencer, MA
Chelsea did the wrong thing taking Adam back after he called her a fat stretch mark ***** and saying thier daughter was just a mistake. He only went back to her to get his but ugly face on tv. Her father needs to quit egging it on too.

Kail is trying so hard and Jo is so mean to her. I understand his family took her in when she had no one but that doesn't mean she owes her life and happiness.

Leah & Corey seem so sincere and the girls are thier life. Great family support to. I agree with Alexa about Ali.

Janelle! All I can say is god help here. She does not deserve that little boy! Her mother is also very mentally abusive to her. If someone is constantly telling you that you are no good and bad then why not just be it. Jace needs to be in a home where there is no constant screaming in front of him. Janelle needs serious help.

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

Modest Vixen
on 3/30/11 2:04 am - Surprise, AZ
I am so torn about the show. On one hand I can't stop watching it, my husband will even watch and sometimes follow the "news" stories about the girls. He just shakes his head and asks where were their fathers...The first batch of teen mom girls I really felt for. Amber I felt has a severe cause of PPD, and is a product of her environment. She needs serious mental help, but I don't feel she is a lost cause. Jenelle on the other hand, I think just doesn't care. I don't think her mother helps to make her want to care, but her desire to better her life just isn't there. Corey and Leah are a cute couple, and I really feel for all they are going through. I hate seeing them in the trashy mags though about Leah trying to get out of it and cheating on him.

I think this show can highlight some of the realities of becoming a teen mom, but at same time it doesn't show the more "real" stories very often. My mom said where are the girls whose parents kick them out, the father disappeared and the girl is left with nothing and having to get assistance just to survive. These girls are getting massive paychecks for doing the show, and therefore we don't see the true reality of becoming a parent at such a young age.

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

chelle614
on 3/30/11 2:40 am, edited 3/30/11 2:41 am - Chester, NY
Yeah, Chelsea is living pretty large for someone with no job or child support. I wonder where she would be if her dad wasn't able to provide for her.
Speaking of which, I cant believe when Adam busted in the garage and started shoving stuff around. He went in the house and started calling her a *****didn't even ask to see the kid while he was there.
I would have put all his crap in his truck and had it towed within 2 days. Maybe after setting it on fire, lol. And now there is another nimwit girl supporting him. What makes these deadbeats so attractive to other women?

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Modest Vixen
on 3/30/11 2:46 am - Surprise, AZ
Not sure shall we call the one that married my ex and ask her? LOL

I think Chelsea and her dad are very naive. When he was telling her he can't see the baby until he pays, well legally thats not true Dad. While I don't think Adam can provide a safe/loving environment for the baby, she also can't use "he doesn't pay" as the only reason to keep them apart. Why these kids don't get custody arrangements right away blows me away. If my sons ever found themselves in that position I wouldn't care if they stayed with girl or otherwise they will be getting everything legal through courts.

One of my close friends JUST got his son back because his ex took off with their son to another state, and they had no custody arrangements through court because he thought "i'm his dad isn't that all I need"...So sad to watch him fight for a year to get that boy back... Maybe instead of Doc Drew trying to fix their relationships he should focus on fixing the parenting side of things

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views