weight gain

sonyaracene
on 3/30/11 5:08 pm - Cleveland, OH
hi guys, i havent been on here in a very very long time. I had a miscarriage and a tubal in 08 and it was just too hard to read about babies. well now i am 25 weeks with a baby boy and everything is going great except for my weight gain. i had RNY in 10/07 and went from about 410 to around 280 and when i first found out i was expecting i was around 283 well today at 25 weeks im 320!!! I need some serious help/support. I have about 15 more weeks to go and cannot continue to gain. i will take any and all suggestions, recommendations , support just anything!!!

dizzymisslizzy1976
on 3/30/11 10:59 pm - Canada
I think you should go see your ob/gyn. I have gained 26 pounds and Im 26 weeks. Not that it's any consolation but with my other two boys I gained between 80-100lbs but that was pre WLS. I would see your ob :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20757;28/st/20110709/k/9d70/preg.png[/img]
[/url]
ajalew
on 3/31/11 1:14 am - Sanford, MI
Are you getting enough nutrients in the food you're eating?  Because if your food is not nutrient rich you'll have MUCH worse cravings and it can be so much more difficult to control what you eat.   Are you getting enough protein and water?  Are you getting fresh fruits and veggies every day?  If you are not getting those things they'll all cause your body to crave more food to get the nurishment is needs.  I highly recommend Rainbow Light Protein Energizer (I like vanilla) because it's all natural and has tons of spirulina and other green super foods without any negative additives and added vitamins.  I add it to smoothies though you can drink it in milk or juice.  Anyway, getting more complete nutrition might help.  It takes a couple of weeks for your body to catch up, but can make a difference. 
chelle614
on 3/31/11 1:57 am - Chester, NY
If you are looking for something that is filling and good for you, try 1% cottage cheese. It has protien and other good stuff. I sometimes put blueberries on mine.
Congrats on your liitle boy coming soon :)

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

MusicMaryn
on 3/31/11 2:59 am - San Jose, CA
congrats Sonya!  Many of us here have had MC's (myself included) and we all know how difficult they can be.  But now your well on your way with your little boy.  How exciting.

About the weight gain, I agree with another poster that you should talk to your OB about it.  And a big thing to remember is that you will lose the weight after the baby is born.  Your wls tool is still in there and after the pregnancy hormones have vacated the premises, you'll be able to drop the weight pretty quickly.  don't beat yourself up.  You're having a baby!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

DoinItRNY
on 3/31/11 3:16 am
I can't help much with the weight gain except to suggest eating smaller, well-balanced meals throughout the day to avoid gorging and to curb cravings.  If you are doing pretty well on the eating part and there are no signs of gestational diabetes or such, I don't think you should stress yourself out about your weight right now. 

Congratulations and yay for baby boys!  I'm expecting one too and I'm 22 weeks! :)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lianne C.
on 3/31/11 5:01 am - Garden City, MI
I gained 65lbs with my son, and am already down 35+ lbs... I have tried to stay off the scale though.I drank like a camel when it came to water intake! A lot is water weight, so relax and take care of your baby first! The weight gain is for that baby, just remember that
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Jenn1973
on 3/31/11 10:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
Congrats on reachin 25 weeks!  That is awesome!  I am concerned because I have lost weight on and off during this pregnancy - the opposite problem that you are having - but I think we would both be served weel by bringing out NUT onto our prenatal team to help us manage healthy nutritional goals throughout the rest of our pregnancies.  I am going to talk to my OB about it on Monday.  I will let you know what she says.  I believe my weight loss has to do with my RYN/dumping syndrome creating havoic with my morning sickness.  So much fun!

In the end though,  your baby is taking what it needs to be healthy and will be perfect.  You may have a little work to do to rid yourself of the weight afterwards, but it will not come close to the amount you have already successfully lost.  As someone mentioned earlier, you have all of the tools and once you deliver, you will be able to get back on track.

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

sonyaracene
on 3/31/11 4:34 pm - Cleveland, OH
Thank you all soooo very much!! Im going to try the Rainbow Light Protein Energizer and when I see my ob tomorrow see if she can refer me to a nutritionist. I will keep you all posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1241 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views