infertility d/t scar tissue after open RNY?

SANDYMILLER10
on 4/11/11 3:43 pm - some city, VA
Anybody ever hear of too much scar tissue in abdomen after open RNY surgery? I'm about 4 years post op,,, And i've been married about 2 years.. Me and hubby have been ttc about 10 months (send baby dust, and prayers,, i get to POAS on sunday).. but anyway, since i'm already 35 years old, and would like 3 or 4 kiddos,, I went to an infertility clinic abou 3 months ago.. I was telling her my story, I told her also that i had an inguinal hernia repair this september,, he tried to do it laporoscopically but there was too much scar tissue in my lower abd. so ended up doing an open groin repair.. Anyway, when i told the infertility doc this, it was like a lightbulb went off in her, and she said, maybe i had to much scar tissue that developed post weight loss surgery and the "fingers" of my fallopian tubes could be caught up by the scar tissue and can't turn and go get the egg when it pops out (my hormones, eggs, hubby's sperm, etc. are fine)... soooo,, that kinda stinks if that's true.. Anyway,, i had the "dye" test to check out my tubes and uterus and all looks well,, hopefully this will be the month and i won't have to be opened back up again for a roto-rooter.  But has anyone else heard of this?
PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/12/11 2:26 am
I have heard of scar tissue causing problems. I just don't know if the type of surgery you had would be in the location to cause problems with your tubes.

I am sending you lots of well wishes and sticky baby dust! Let us know what the stick says on sunday.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

SANDYMILLER10
on 4/21/11 2:50 am - some city, VA
Well, my only major surgery that i would have had that caused so much scar tissue in my lower abd. was that open Gastric Bypass, i guess the scar tissue went a little crazy.  I didn't have any scaring due to "girl parts, or problems".  I did pee on that stick sunday, BFN. oh well, trying again this month with Chlomid, then if that doesn't work,  planning on going to a surgeon who can maybe fix another one of my hernias and clean out some of that stupid scar tissue.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views