Nausea and its new BFF - constipation!

Jenn1973
on 4/17/11 4:17 pm, edited 4/17/11 4:22 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hey Girls,

My nausea is back, and it is angrier than ever! Not only that, it has a friend.  Constipation!  Seriously, I have to have a bucket by the toilet so that when I have the urge to go so that I have something to heave into if the porceeline is being occupied by my butt! 

I don't really understand why the nausea has returned.  The constipation reflects the Zofran and T3s that I need to take.  But I was having so many really good, nausea free days.  So many!  I had days where I was eating well and only really dealing with extreme fatigue.

His there another drug after Zofran (I don't know the brand name in the States, but it is the stuff they give to chemo patients for their nausea)?  I take my meds regularly, but lately, I have not been able to get in my vitamins - I've felt too sick to take anything but those meds that I really need - the vitamins are unswallowable as of late.

I go back to work May 10th, I am an elementary school principal, and was really looking forward to being at school again.  But these last two weeks have been marred by many, many days in bed.  I am trying to stay hydrated - I think I am somewhat good at that - and to eat regularly, but seriously!!  What the heck?

One thing that I do notice is that the nausea feels a lot more like dumping syndrome,  It arrives almost without fail, after eating.  The difference is, the feeling comes no matter what I eat!  Things that have never caused me to dump are turning on me.  Good things like grilled chicken or bland potatoes. 

What should I do??  At my 20 week ultrasound, the baby was growing well and weighing in at a very good 14oz.  I just worry about his nutrition and how having a mommy who feels so low all of the time.  I want him surrounded by happiness, not violent trips to the bathroom for throwing up or cramping at the other end!  I already fear that my baby would be born with track lines up and down his arms from all of the meds I take!  I am afraid he'll need an intervention before he cuts his first tooth!

Longing for anecdotes and advice!

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Cathie N.
on 4/17/11 9:56 pm - Augusta, GA
Jenn ~ I feel for ya! I don't know what's worse .. pain, nauseau or pain w/nauseau. As a migraine sufferer I know a thing or two about pain meds and anti-nauseau meds and what works for me is Phenergan. Because of it's sedating effects I can only take it at night but it seems I still get some relief the next day. Zofran just never did work that well for me but it's commonly giving because it's a "non-drowsy".  

Maybe try a Phenergan at night with pre-nates? I hope you find some relief soon.

Best wishes!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Jenn1973
on 4/20/11 12:19 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thank you Cathie,

I will bring that up with my OBGYN when I see her again in early May.   I am certain that in the last few weeks I have had some sort of hormone surge and that is what is causing all of the craziness!!

Happy Easter
J

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views