Pregnant while nursing - 2 yrs. post RNY

doda94
on 4/19/11 11:56 pm - Canada
 So,yeah I'm pregnant again!  Due Dec. 3rd and I'm nursing our 7 mo dd......  will I be ok to do both?  I really don't want to stop nursing her.
IamMrsMcDole
on 4/20/11 12:20 am, edited 4/20/11 12:21 am - Anderson, IN
Yes you can keep nursing!!! I tries to keep nursing my daughter een when she was 12 months and she stopped cold turkey. A week later I found out I was pregnant. If she will cont. to bf keep at it!!!
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Zee Starrlite
on 4/20/11 12:48 am
You can do both if your body is very healthy and has enough to give.  Nourishment is key! 

It looks like you weren't a year post-op of RNY during your first pregnancy, then nursing 7months, now preggo again.  Your body has taken a lot of continuous action.  Make sure your labs are right and that you are eating and supplementing enough to sustain you all.  You need to take care of the babies you are producing for a very long time.  Our kids hopefully will not have to care for us especially if it is way before time.

Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

doda94
on 4/20/11 2:27 am - Canada
 No, I wasn't a full year post-op when I became pg.  My surgeon had given the go ahead to TTC due to my age at the time (41 yo)  I had my surgery in April/09, got pregnant in Dec./09, dd was born Sept/10 and here we are in now due in Dec/11.

I'm doing my best with eating and doing quite well, I think.  I was adamant about them keeping a close eye on my labs with my last pg and I will be this time as well.  

Do you have any particular recommendations as far as nourishment, supplementation go?  I found the vitagarten blog to be absolutely invaluable during my last pg.
Zee Starrlite
on 4/20/11 2:40 am
Wow, you are an inspiration, my inspiration.  Cool that you are still so fertile . . . I am hoping for that too as I am of  "advanced maternal age"  .

You are not like one of those people who post and say they've have profound fertility issues and been TTC for 10 years  and they are like the ripe age of  23 or they are like a couple of weeks or months post-op and did not know they needed to use BC cuz they never used it before or did not know that pills could be malabsorbed.  I wanna strangle them but to each their own. 

You seem well informed and eager to remain healthy.  Do your thing mama.  I love women like you bringing babies into this world.

God Bless
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

doda94
on 4/20/11 8:49 am - Canada
On April 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM Pacific Time, zee starrlite wrote:
Wow, you are an inspiration, my inspiration.  Cool that you are still so fertile . . . I am hoping for that too as I am of  "advanced maternal age"  .

You are not like one of those people who post and say they've have profound fertility issues and been TTC for 10 years  and they are like the ripe age of  23 or they are like a couple of weeks or months post-op and did not know they needed to use BC cuz they never used it before or did not know that pills could be malabsorbed.  I wanna strangle them but to each their own. 

You seem well informed and eager to remain healthy.  Do your thing mama.  I love women like you bringing babies into this world.

God Bless
Leila
 Well, I certainly wasn't trying to be an inspiration.  In fact, to say that this pregnancy is completely unplanned and unexpected would be an understatement.  I've come to the conclusion that after struggling with IF for nearly 14 years, that God has an interesting sense of humor!  

Praying that you too will be blessed with the baby you desire soon!
mandajolyn
on 4/20/11 6:57 am - Tallahassee, FL
Andrea (wls vitagarten) is a very valuable resource as she's had two post op pregnancies and has dedicated a lot of her time researching the needs of post op patients! Good luck with this pregnancy and hopefully you can keep on BFing your lil one as long as you need to!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

jcheryld
on 4/23/11 4:31 pm
Can you connect me with Andrea? I searched for vitagarten but no results. Thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

mandajolyn
on 4/24/11 12:23 pm - Tallahassee, FL
http://wlsvitagarten.com/
This is her website, it's full of valuable information! She's also on Facebook.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

linda.traxler
on 4/20/11 11:52 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Wow!  I imagine you're feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment!! 

Of course you can keep breast feeding!  Jus****ch your vitamin levels and your nutrient intake.  And, of course, your water!  I wish you all the best! 

Maybe something crazy like that'll happen to me.... I'm 41 in a few weeks, blessed to be pregnant with my 3rd child.... but always really wanted 4 (sorry if it sounds greedy, I just always wanted a big family)... 

I wish you all the best!!!
Take care of you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1266 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 873 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1343 views