VSG prego questions

dynielle B.
on 5/22/11 5:03 pm - WA
hell ladies. i just have a few questions and since my dr apt is not until june 13th i was hopeing you all can give me some guidence here.
1) hugrey...OMG..... i am like staveing all the time now, like my stomach actually growls lol i havent had this issue since pre op, how are some ways to help curb the hunger so i am not over eating, eatting to much etc?
2) water arobics for prego moms to be. yes, no, any thoughts i would like to stay in some shape while prego but i fear with the increse in  food and water plus some excersise ill actually start to loose weight any intake on this?
3) ideal nutrition? i am still getting my protein and fruits and veggies in anything else?
4) and extra vitimins i should be takeing? right now i am takeing a gel capsul prenatal + DHA, biotin gel capsul still, 2 calcium citrate, b-12 1x a week liquid drops under toung, fiolate, and one iron supplement? anythign else i should be takeing increase? decrease?

thanks everyone,

PrettyPixieGirl
on 5/22/11 10:46 pm
Hi Hi

1) yep.. it is the hormones.. at one point I would wake up from a dead sleep with my stomach growling. I HAD to eat something before going back to bed. Not sure how far along you are but in the 1st tri my wt didnt move much 2-3lbs total cause of MS even though I was eating often. Try eating things that last longer in your sleeve. Like cereal I knew I would be hungry 1 hour later so I wouldnt eat it if I was trying to watch my calories. Fiber and complex carbs work well for me.

2)If you exercised before preggo they say it is no problem to keep exercising. I LOVED water arobics cause I hate sweating and the cool pool helps. Also as long as you aren't on any sorta high risk procautions it should be fine. Your OB will tell you if you are.

3)Make sure you have carbs in there too. Your baby needs them. You are going to get some crazy preg cravings. Try to idenify what it is about the craving you want (is it the crunchy, salty, or sweet part) so you can try to satisfy it with a healthy option. But I like the 80/20 rule. 80% good for you and 20% you say screw it I am preggers.. I am having that damn snicker bar I have been craving for days.

4) You take way more vitamins than I do so I wouldnt wanna say change anything. You should be getting the folic acid in the prenatal. And the only thing my OB stressed with me was getting my calcium in and it seems you have that one down.
I just had my OB add vitamin lvls to my normal OB labs which she drew near the first or second visit. Then again towards the end cause I was feeling extra tired and wanted my iron checked. Everything was normal for me.

Hope that helps.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

USAF Wife
on 5/22/11 11:11 pm
1) hugrey...OMG..... i am like staveing all the time now, like my stomach actually growls lol i havent had this issue since pre op, how are some ways to help curb the hunger so i am not over eating, eatting to much etc?
I still haven't been physically hungry, but the cravings have been through the roof. Eating more often, but not changing my calorie intake over the entire day has helped.

2) water arobics for prego moms to be. yes, no, any thoughts i would like to stay in some shape while prego but i fear with the increse in food and water plus some excersise ill actually start to loose weight any intake on this?
I would just discuss this one with your doctor.

3) ideal nutrition? i am still getting my protein and fruits and veggies in anything else?
I have to take in a minimum of 1700-1800 calories a day with a balanced/nutrient dense foods including protein, carbs, and healthy fats. I drink 100% juice every other day to help get some fruits/veggies in.

4) and extra vitimins i should be takeing? right now i am takeing a gel capsul prenatal + DHA, biotin gel capsul still, 2 calcium citrate, b-12 1x a week liquid drops under toung, fiolate, and one iron supplement? anythign else i should be takeing increase? decrease?

I'm allowed to continue taking my Celebrate multi with iron, sublingual B12 3-4 times per week. No extra iron is needed per my labs, and I take Celebrate Calcium citrate. I have my labs checked every trimester I'm up for another lab check to make sure everything is still stellar.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

dynielle B.
on 5/23/11 1:41 am - WA
thank you all for the sudgestionws thats great info and awsome help thank you
 height 5'7''
 before sugery: 285.50             day of sugery: 267.0                                 goal: 160

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Paula622
on 5/23/11 3:15 am
Yup, me too!  Sometimes I give in, other times I just grab a drink.  I drink watered down juice which really helps to "fill" me up for a while.  Eating more frequently helps too.

2) water arobics for prego moms to be. yes, no, any thoughts i would like to stay in some shape while prego but i fear with the increse in  food and water plus some excersise ill actually start to loose weight any intake on this?
You'll probably be fine.  I do spinning several times a week and I walk between 3-9 miles daily, I've still managed to gain about 3-4 lbs so far (I'm 15 weeks).

My doc wants me on 1500 calories or more daily with at least 80-100g of protein.  The protein definitely does not happen very often, but I have no problem getting enough calories.  I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies, which takes away from the protein, but at least it has other benefits.

Sounds good, but of course, run it all by your doc.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views