Constipation

stacey0523
on 5/30/11 6:28 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Anyone have any suggestion for constipation relief?  I have been pretty constipated (only going every 2-3 days and it hurts to get out) the past maybe 2 weeks.  I finally bought some stool softeners yesterday and I have taken one a day.  I have been eating fresh fruit/ veggies, eating rasin bran or fiber waffles and drinking as much as I can.  Nothing seems to help.  I go to my OB tomorow so I will ask them for sure but I was wondering if you all had any suggestions!? THANKS!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
ediegoody
on 5/30/11 11:27 am - Great Neck, NY
I work with patients that have constipation problems and the doctors often suggest they take flax seed oil pills. You may want to check with your doctor to verify if it is ok to take during your pregnancy. You can get them in a refrigerated section in a health food store like Whole Foods. Take 1 to 3 up to 3 times a day.

Also, I try to eat a couple slices of Ezekiel bread during the day. I know this is added carbs to my diet, but it does make my stool softer and I find it more effective than raisin bran.

Lastly, check with your doctor about using stool softeners. You want to make sure you are using one that is ok during pregnancy.

Good luck!
Sansobel
on 5/30/11 10:07 pm - Coatesville, PA
Was having this issue last week.  Over the weekend I actually got some relief.

besides my normal morning workout (I run about 3 miles)

Fiber one bars
applesauce
Lots of Water

either my body finally gave in or one of those things worked.

;-)  good luck.  I feel your pain
Rhie P.
on 5/31/11 2:25 am
I eat low sugar applesause and low sugar oatmeal every day....works!!!

Rhie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views