Vitamins after BFP???

Lbarb26
on 5/30/11 1:30 am - Dundalk, MD
Hi Ladies is there somewhere that tells us if we can keep taking our vitamins until we get in to see the OB dr?  I just got my BFP and I am not sure what I can and cant take?? Thanks for your help

313 (pre-op) 165 (present) 175 (goal)
TTC since 10/2009
Barb

SHANNYN B.
on 5/30/11 3:56 am
I took 2 prenatals a folic acid an iron calium and my prevacid. I have family in Dundalk lol
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Sansobel
on 5/30/11 10:09 pm - Coatesville, PA
I kept taking my normal multi,  iron and calcium and added folic and a chewable DHA
Brandi M.
on 5/30/11 10:19 pm - Baltimore, MD
I'm still taking my normal vitamins, I just added folic acid when I started TTC and still take it.
MusicMaryn
on 5/31/11 3:45 am - San Jose, CA
First of all... CONGRATS on ur BFP!!!!  That's so exciting!  Just add a prenatal vitamin and a folic acid to your normal WLS vite regimen.  Make sure that you're getting Iron and Calcium Citrate in there.  Your OB can suggest more once you get in to them him/her.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joeyzgirl
on 5/31/11 3:46 am - Crocker, MO
I have also just have a BFP I am so excited but worried about vitamins as well. Also everyone are your doctors treating this as a high risk pregnancy? or not?
chelle614
on 5/31/11 4:47 am - Chester, NY
You will get a ton of different opinions on this subject.
If you had gastric bypass, you need 1500mg of calcium citrate (taken in doses of 500mg no less then 3 hours apart or it will not absorb properly). Do not take it  with iron or a multi with iron or the iron will not absorb.
2 multi-s or prenatals, 1 b12 sublingual daily or monthly shot, 400mg of folic acid. You should have your labs done to see if you are deficiant in anything, if so they will add to your list.. I also recommened 200iui daily of D3. D and calcium levels are the first to hit the toilet once you are pregnant.
DHA is a newer thing that has been proven to increase brain function in fetuses. Not the same as regular omega 3. Keep in mind it is an oil/fat and we malabsor half of it, so in order for it to get the full benefit you need two doses, I take one plant based and one fish based.
I know this seems like a lot, but you will ge the hang of it and also I have been using my nighttime bathroom trips to sneak in a dose of calcium.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views