Update-- its been a while

Christina K.
on 6/3/11 10:54 pm - Saginaw, MI
Well.....  Last time I updated was quite a while ago. Things have changed and I couldn't be happier... or could I ? LOL 

I am due June 25, However.... I have had to have 2 cerclages (stitches to hold the cervix shut because it is weak and wants to dialate-- this is why we lost Conner in August--incompetant cervix....) in place, one at 12wks along and then a rescue one done around 18w. I have been on strict bedrest since DECEMBER 2010!!! It was HORRIBLE. But my loving husband always takes great care of me.

They let up on the bedrest a few weeks ago, and now..... I am to have my cerclages out MONDAY 6-6-2011 and Baby Eli can be born anytime after that. I will be 37wks along and he is doing great. I measure perfectly on schedule and Eli does too, His belly is about a week ahead tho, but still... We'd rather have him a little ahead then behind ;)  And we know from all the ultrasounds he has his daddy's big ol' feet and some hair.

I was speaking with my OB and we started to do research. It seems that there MAY be a relation to obesity and miscarriages due to an incompentant cervix (IC) . When your SO overweight it tends to push your uterus, cervix and all downward, causing it to weaken. Its not proven by any means, but my OB has dealt with several other bariatric patients and when I asked him about this he got this puzzeled look, and said he never thought of that before,. After some diggin... we both questioned quite a few people and they too have had the same experience.

Tho most drs and OB's will not assist in preventing miscarriages until generally 3 losses later (which SUCKS, losing 1 child is bad enough let alone 3) but they say that they wont perform cerclages until 3 miscarriages happen or unless other factors come into play, with me... it was my age (38 now) and this would be our last chance to have a child. We had been trying for 13 years already :) So, I was blessed with an awesome OB :)

Anyhow... I am NOT saying that obesity will cause an IC but its a thought to keep in mind. No one ever knows if they have an IC until its too late generally.... We been there.... its awful.... and I am generally around on FB if anyone wants to talk about it... I am very open to it all and not shy ♥

Well, anyhow... We hope to see our baby boy Eli soon and I will be posting pics later on too
have a good weekend and hugs and baby love to you all

Christina
Eli Mathius arrived June 19, 2011
Conner Ryan    8-2-2010 
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too Beautiful For Earth" -- Love you sweet boy...

Lilypie - (1WuT)

Daisypath - (JXAL)

Lexa321
on 6/4/11 3:43 am - weston, FL
congrats!!! sounds like an interesting hypothisis... and that it probley has some truth
pokie123
on 6/6/11 1:42 am - Quincy, FL
congrats I am glad that everything is working out for you.  God bless U
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views