Weight Gain after babies

kcrozier
on 6/14/11 6:18 am - Belle River, Canada
Hi,

I want to start by saying that I do not wish to be judged, I just need some encouragement!  :)

I had RNY in April 2004 and dropped 110 lbs.  Never got to a "goal" weight, but I felt good about myself at a size 13....I got pregnant with my beautiful baby boy and gained the "normal" weight while pregnant with him and went back to my pre-pregnancy weight after having him.  Unfortunately I put myself last on the list and gained about 25 lbs.  I got pregnant with my beautiful baby girl and gained the "normal" weight with her and after having her I put on another 20 lbs.  So altogether I have put on about 45 lbs.  I am truly ashamed of myself and disgusted!  I have recently started walking the past two weeks and have cut out the snacking that I was doing before and the scale hasn't budged.  I don't know what to do, if there is something wrong with my thyroid????  Has anyone else experienced this after having their bundles of joy????

Thanks so much!
Lexa321
on 6/14/11 7:20 am - weston, FL
i did the same thing with both my kids... but i think we secretly know what to do... back to basics sister!
PrettyPixieGirl
on 6/14/11 7:42 am
You did great by losing 110lbs! Life has it's ups and downs and even with WLS so does the scale. Try to remember what you did that made your weight loss so sucessful the first time. Do you still have the paperwork on your postop diet? Just reviewing it can help get you back in the mindframe. RNY has the pouch test as well. Have you given that a shot? You did it once. You can do it again!

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

MusicMaryn
on 6/14/11 8:02 am - San Jose, CA
No judgement here.  We're all human!  The good news is that you still have your tool.  It just needs to be woken up a bit.  Try googling the 5 day pouch test.  it's basically 5 days of the beginning stages of a RNY diet.  It should definitely kickstart your pouch and yourself really back into the weight loss mode.  And like Lexa said... it's really about back to basics.  Keep up the walking and increase your water.  Most bari surgeons recommend between 1000-1200 calories per day for weight loss mode.  It really helps to have a food journal writing down everything you consume (include calories, protein, carbs, and fat in your journal.)  Good luck to you!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

kcrozier
on 6/14/11 9:49 am - Belle River, Canada
Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate your kind words!!! I think I'll give the 5 day pouch test a try!!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!!

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!
mumuvtwogrlz
on 6/14/11 12:50 pm - Oshawa, Canada
I have put on weight with all three of my kids! AFTER giving birth!
two babies before WLS and one after!
I lost weight with the first two and gained way too much after
I looked great while pregnant with my last baby but now I have put on weight and I look nasty!
I mean im not going to the gym or dieting but My thighs, arm and tummy has filled back up with fat again!
I know I have to move my ass a lot to get moving again!
Good luck.
Hope you can lose it! (me too)
 LOL

Lilypie - (y7YD) Lilypie - (NAAZ)
   Tatum is 5 years old             Kendall is 7 years old
Born on April 30th 2006        Born on July 31st 2004

mumuvtwogrlz
on 6/14/11 12:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada
hockeybabe2u
on 6/15/11 3:11 am - Allegan, MI
Maryn has very good points!  If the 5 day pouch test seems to hard for you, start with small things like increasing your water, cutting out unhealthy snacks with healthy snacks (especially those with protein.....low fat cheese sticks, cottage cheese, beef jerkey, a handful of nuts) along with maybe a piece of fruit or veggie if you still don't feel satisified!  Drastically increase your water......like make sure you ALWAYS have water with you and sipping on it!  Watch your portion sizes and make sure you eat your protein 1st!  Increase your exercise!  Start to cut out things that are not good for you like; caffiene, pop, sweets, salty things, etc.  And writing stuff down in a journal will give you a better prespective on what you are really eating!  I found having a protein drink/shake in the morning for breakfast helped and then I liked having another one after I worked out.  You can supplement your meals with these time to time as well!  I like the designer whey vanilla mixed with fresh/frozen fruits, skim milk and some sugar sweetner and ice for a smoothie (better than ice cream).  I liked the Lean Muscle Meal in chocolate from GNC mixed with skim milk for breakfast (but I could only use a 1/2 package at a time as it was very filling)!  I also liked the Designer Whey vanilla mixed with an instant flavored drink mix (like crystal light, whelch's, etc) in orange flavor as it tasted like a cremecycle!  I also would have an occasional low carb protein bar for a snack and sometimes as a lunch.  If you make protein a priority and drink lots of water and watch your portion sizes and do some form of exercise, you should see yourself loosing weight!  Good luck!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 857 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views