anybody get preggers after PID diagnosis?

SANDYMILLER10
on 6/19/11 9:15 am - some city, VA
 Well, here i am.. in very much pain,, but my heart hurts too.
On this past wed. i had my hernia surgery, ended up actually gettin 4 hernias fixed, a big old piece of mesh placed, and 21,, yes 21 puncture holes for the laporoscopy,, ouch!  So while he was in there he took pics of my uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries,,  he actually called in a Gyno surgeon guy to look at me while i was under.. Now i've been diagnosed with pelvic inflamatory disease and slight endometriosis... my tube and ovary are fused to my uterus,.. no wonder no babies after 12 months of trying... my question is,, has anyone had this,, gotten fixed, and gotten pregnant.. The kicker is when i look up pid it says it is usually caused by bacteria from an STD... Me and my husband were late bloomers,, we waited for our actual wedding night,, (yes, i reasked him and i know we are both telling the truth).  I did have chronic UTI's for months after we got married, and that's bacteria too, so maybe that's the culprit,, whatever,, but i am so bummed.. got an appointment with the gyno surgery guy on wed.. that is if i can walk with these 21 stab wounds. I know God has what's best in His hands,,just wanted ya'lls input.  thanks sandy
SHANNYN B.
on 6/19/11 9:41 am
All of my children were born after I had PID. So it can happen I have 5 kids and about 11 or 12 pregnancies only 8 documented at the hospital
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Hollywog
on 6/20/11 5:19 am

I've no info on the PID...but 21 punctures?!?!  WTF...why didn't he just cut you open and be done with it instead of torturing you?!  You poor thing...I saw Shannyn's response re the PID and hope you get similar results to her.  Talk to the gyno & see what they can tell you.  Were they able to fix that while they were in there?  Or will it take more surgery? 

I'm not a dr...have no medical training..but I would assume that numerous UTIs might be able to cause the PID...bacteria in the region can probably go just about anywhere, I'd assume.  It's a tiny little hop skip and jump from the UTI area to the vaginal area.

Good luck.  I hope that now that you're patched up inside - and healing outside! - that things progress more rapidly for you.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views