Emergency C-Section and a Beautiful Daughter!!!!!

chrissyemerald
on 6/26/11 1:09 pm - Canada
Hey ladies! The last few days have been such a roller coaster. I'll fill you in on the whole story. 
So some of you may remember my post on the 20th saying that i had a loss of fluid. L&D told me it wasn't amiotic fluid. Ok..went home, took it easy, sort of, it's kind of hard but i did alot less anyways. Well i kept leaking a little tiny but the next day, but she was super active. Then the next day she was super active as well, we even went to the movies to chill out, she hiccupped through half and kicked the other half lol. Well after that and all through the night i never noticed the lack of movement, i dont always feel her after i pee at night especially in my sleepyness. That morning i did my make baby  move ritual as soon as i woke...and she didn't, i tried everything, ice packs, shaking, poking, some pressing trying to move her to the other side cause she was lopsided as usual, nothing. She always responds to something. So, off to L&D we went. They hooked me up, her heartbeat was perfect for the whole time, but lack of movement was disturbing. They sent me for a biophysical ultrasound and she scored a 4/8 for lack of movement and lack of respiratory movement. Scared the hell out of me. My OB walks in and says, ok, so...we're going to have a baby today by csection. She was stressed and telling us it's her time to come out and that i would go into labour but it would be too stressful for her to go through. He said also that i had ruptured the night before last and thats what had started it all.
Surgery was a good experience overall. dr's were all great, friendly, knew what they were all doing i had the head OB and head anesthesiologist. great team. I was in such bad shape though, wow, these friggin surgeries hurt is all i can say. The gas pain from it was agonizing, then the nurses have all had quite the show of emotions and well i was invaded everywhere lol. I had to have an enema to load out the gas. Bad experience but nice nurse lol. All the nurses were great too. Anyways enough about me....
Miss Amber Constance was born on June 22nd at approximately 5:20pm. Weighed in at 4lbs 9oz and a whopping 19.25 inches long!
She is perfect other than her being small and needing to learn how to feed. We lucked out so much!! She is already starting to latch and suck...my milk is coming in nicely, i actually got enough for a full feed tonight, i was so happy. Her body weight has dropped in the last 4 days but tonight was only 0.04oz and the night before was like 0.30 oz  so she is starting to even out already due to getting more of my milk :D. She has been smiling at us, it's so sweet, melts my heart!!!!!
Well anyways, here are some pictures!!!

Enjoy ladies!!!!

Amber Constance: 2 days old. the soother really shows how small she is!

3 days old after her first GREAT feeding :D

One proud (and maybe a little high) mommy!  LOL

A very tired but happy Daddy and our little lamb. Oh ya, she sounds like a lamb at times when she cries lol
reianondillard
on 6/26/11 1:18 pm

Congrats!! She is so tiny and beautiful!!

pirate_mommy
on 6/26/11 5:57 pm
I am so pleased you followed your instinct and knew singling was up! Hooray for happy and healthy babies, and I hope you have a smooth and painless recovery. congratulations , she's beautiful!

linda.traxler
on 6/26/11 7:26 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Welcome to the world Amber Constance!!  Blessings to you and your family!!
chrissyemerald
on 6/26/11 9:14 pm - Canada
Thank you ladies!! I am so happy
hockeybabe2u
on 6/27/11 12:25 am - Allegan, MI
Congrats proud momma!  She's so tiny and adorable!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

tamiissunshine
on 6/27/11 12:56 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations! She's beautiful!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

shrinkingarmywife77
on 6/27/11 1:17 am - Lyman, SC
Congrats, she's a beauty :-)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Kerri B.
on 6/27/11 1:28 am, edited 6/27/11 1:28 am
She's simply perfect! Congrats Mommy and hope you have a speedy recovery!
Jenn1973
on 6/27/11 2:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
Welcome to the outside Amber!

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and harrowing delivery!  It is so wonderful to know that our instincts are still acute when it comes to childbearing.

The pictures are just gorgeous - keep'em coming!

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views