I want another baby!

Kristine E.
on 6/28/11 3:49 am - VA
RNY on 01/27/11 with
I want to be pregnant soooooo bad! It's only been 5 months since my gastric bypass though.. Please tell me I'm nuts! I just want another itty bitty so bad!!
MusicMaryn
on 6/28/11 3:55 am - San Jose, CA
You're not nuts.  We're all on this board cuz we want or have recently had a baby!  HOWEVER.... it's really best for you to wait 18-24 months after your RNY to start TTC.  Work with your bari surgeon.  Put together a plan.  you'll get there.  Women become so much more fertile after we drop the excess weight.  And what's more important, we're soooooooo much healthier to be able to sustain and healthy pregnancy for mommy and baby if we wait at least 18 mos post op to start TTC.

Make sure your birth control is good.  The pill doesn't really work with RNY because of the malabsorption issues we have.  MANY women on this board became pg while on the pill due to the pill actually being inaffective because it wasn't absorbed into the system.  IUD is a great contraceptive in a RNY woman.

Good luck to you and focus on YOUR health & vibrancy now. You'll get there.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

nikki_mcdaniel
on 6/28/11 4:04 am, edited 6/28/11 4:05 am - gainesville, GA
i remember going through the stage at 4 months post op!! lol and I ended up getting preggo at 10 months post op..so still a bit early but my OB isn't to concerned as my labs/baby's growth has been great!! the only bad thing is my craving is all stuff im unable to eat bc of dumping syndrome and i'm lactose intolerant now...so im having to improvise!! GL whenever you do decide to start doing the "baby dance" :)

oh yeah, BTW just to give you an idea of how fertile you may become, I became pregnant while having the IUD. I had a miscarriage shortly after I found out, but because pregnant again 2 months later after starting the pill.

MusicMaryn
on 6/28/11 4:15 am - San Jose, CA
wow!  pg on iud & then pg on the pill!  ur Queen Fertile Myrtle! 
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

nikki_mcdaniel
on 6/28/11 4:17 am - gainesville, GA
I know, i'm scared after birth on what else to use!!!! its rather i'm super fertile or hubby has super swimmers lol

MeliT
on 6/28/11 6:30 am - Miami, FL
 i know how you feel! i'm m10 months out and i told myself i would wait till the 1 yr mark in august but i'm getting so antsy and i can't imagine waiting longer than that. my surgeon said i should wait longer. not because of anything medical but just so i could reach my goal weight first. we'll see. i'm ok with being 20lbs to goal. i'm gonna try to wait but i doubt i'll be able to. so for now i'm just excited to get to august.

windowsdown
on 6/28/11 7:36 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Hey Kristine! We have the same surgeon...Dr. Halmi is great isn't he?
Anyway I feel you on the wanting to get PG....I can't wait (well actually I have my days; at times Im in the "can't wait" phase other times Im say to myself "WAIT its not healthy for you or baby to get pg now"!!! I was told by Dr. Halmi's office to wait at least a year. Nov...can't come soon enough!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1241 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views