Tips for weight loss while breastfeeding?

onetyger
on 7/5/11 6:10 pm - Clover, SC

I'm due any day now and am planning to breastfeed. I gained more than I should have, about 32 pounds, with this pregnancy (most in months 4 & 5). I had lost 160 lbs with RNY about 3 years ago but gained over 40 pounds within 3 months of my first miscarriage 18 months ago, then more after my second miscarriage a year ago. I don't know if it was depression or hormones since I didn't notice that I was eating any different. My starting weight was around 360 before RNY, then I lost down to about 196. Before this pregnancy I was back up to 240, so now I'm a little over 270...ugh! I need some tips on losing weight post RNY while breastfeeding a newborn. I guess I also need some encouragement that I can get my weight back down and maybe at least get back to under 200, if not to goal. (PS) I'll be going back to work at a desk job about 8 weeks after the baby is born. I'm hoping to walk and do Wii Fit for exercise.

LSUtigerGirl
on 7/5/11 10:22 pm
I had a VSG, not RNY but lots of walking really helps! Once you're cleared for exercise, get that baby in a stroller and walk.

You can't really "diet" when breastfeeding, since you use an extra 500 calories or more while feeding your little one. But if you stick to a healthy diet ,you will loose weight while breastfeeding.

Good Luck. Grats on your little one, I hope you have an easy labor! 
Lianne C.
on 7/6/11 10:49 am - Garden City, MI
I am breastfeeding and have been for 5 months now. I have been stuck at the same weight for 4 months now. I gained a LOT of weight, and still have 40 to go to get to pre pregnancy weight. I also walk at least 6 miles a day at work and eat very healthy.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views