Need ideas/tips to help nausea PLEASE!!!

mandajolyn
on 7/10/11 1:14 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I need ideas, tips...anything that will help this nausea! No matter what I eat or don't eat I'm nauseas 24/7! My surgeon had me on phenergan but wants my ob to decide if I should stay on it, which I understand being my ob is taking care of me and baby. The thing is I don't see anyone till the 21st. I've only thrown up a few times but the nausea is intense and constant!
Thanks!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

subacloud
on 7/10/11 3:57 pm
When I was pregnant (pre-WLS), keeping a little something on my stomach was helpful.  I don't know if you are able to do that.  Walmart has bracelets that are for seasickness (no meds).  It is a piece of elastic that has a ball on it that, when properly placed, helps with nausea.  I also have gotten  something at Walmart that you place on your earlobes helps with nausea.  I think it's just an oil, so should be okay, but I am not certain.

Subacloud               408/318/208/135   (HW/SW/CW/GW)

Speak and do not keep silent.   

Sansobel
on 7/10/11 8:37 pm - Coatesville, PA
a few crackers every 30 minutes or so really helped me. 
DoinItRNY
on 7/10/11 10:49 pm
Sorry you're sick, but I know how you feel! None of the typical remedies helped me with this pregnancy...my OB prescribed Zofran and while I still didn't feel 100%, I was able to get some food down and function a little better.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
IamMrsMcDole
on 7/10/11 11:08 pm - Anderson, IN
ZOFRAN dissolvables 8mg!! They are little amazing. That's the only way I was able to take my head off the pillow. I still have to take them some days. Don't ever let your belly get empty or you will get nauseous. Good Luck and remember nausea is a good thing it means your hormones are rising!!
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Amberlee2002
on 7/11/11 10:27 am - Skowhegan, ME

my Ob has me eat something small every 2 hour to help with the Nausea and it sure did help but also was put on a med as needed   HYDRCXYZINE and it helped with in 5 min after take it

Good luck

Amber R   Befor Surgery 379/Surgery day 369/Current 225

Lilypie - (cQ91)

tamsue
on 7/11/11 2:44 pm - Santee, CA
 My surgeon said to buy organic ginger snaps if you cannot fathom crackers, after all crackers start to taste nasty. I am on the same boat the ginger snaps are working. I was also advised to eat smaller meal because a little something in my belly helps tame it. I have heard other women use those seasick bracelets like one of the gals posted prior and supposively it works because if you get sea sick you are more inclined to get morning sickness. I on the otherhand just have the weakest stomach since my procedure 2 yrs ago and being pregnant seems a whole lot different with a band. My first child is 9 yrs old and this pregnancy seems so much more difficult on my belly. Hope you feel better!
RESCUEGIRL78
on 7/12/11 6:12 am - NC
If you go to a maternity store like Motherhood Maternity they have these Preggo Pop Drops. They are like candy but they help with the nausea and morning sickness. I had to get some last week and I keep them on me at all times, but I've only had to use a couple because they work. One of my pregnant friends also suggested some sour candy like Lemonheads or something like that will help with the nausea. Something with the sourness of them helps!!! I hope that helps!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 857 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views