How long after baby is born?

shrinkingarmywife77
on 7/17/11 6:56 am - Lyman, SC
RNY'ers...how long after the baby is born does your pouch start to shrink back to smaller size and does breastfeeding affect the shrinking back?  I had my baby a month ago and don't really feel like my pouch has shrunk back...I'm still able to eat just about as much as I could while pregnant..anyone have any info about this?
Thanks ladies :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
chrissyemerald
on 7/17/11 7:03 am - Canada
not really sure on this myself but i know that we burn up to 1000 cals a day breastfeeding and need to put back atleat 500 of those to keep everything healthy and flowing along with lots of water. Dont want to starve yourself or baby :)
harleymama31
on 7/17/11 7:27 am
IF you are breastfeeding DO NOT cut back!!! You need to keep yourself healthy along with baby...lots of protein and water!!! dont worry about your pouch right now, seriously. If you want to have a successful BFing keep those calories up!!! when you snack or eat, PROTEIN first! sorry for sounding preachy, but i see to many people worry about their pouches and then get discouraged because they cant figure out why baby isnt gaining weight or not wanting to BF anymore. DONT worry about your pouch!  Just enjoy the fact that you just had a baby and you can indulge in the extras because you are feeding yourself and babe. Still eating for 2.
Lianne C.
on 7/17/11 10:28 am - Garden City, MI
I am with Harleymomma on this one! Your pouch is not going to shrink back yet if BFing, because the hormones for one. I had the bright thought "I will go back to eating like I did before the pregnancy". Needless to say, I made myself sick! I had the effects of vertigo! I called my nut and she told me to NOT ct back my eating yet, but to drink a lot of water in between meals. She also said that I may not lose the weight while nursing, that it is not uncommon to not.

As far as the pouch thing, somethings I can eat a lot of, and others I am done after bites.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
shrinkingarmywife77
on 7/17/11 9:59 pm - Lyman, SC
Thanks for all the replies ladies...I wasn't sure how breast feeding affects the pouch,so I appreciate the info...I definitely have no problem with eating properly in order for my sweet boy to be healthy :-)
Jennifer H.
on 7/18/11 1:43 am - stockton, CA
I didn't pump long because girls passed but I notice when I stopped about few days after I was still trying to eat like I was pregnant and made self sick pouch went back to normal so yes i would say because your breastfeeding.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

boomsheeka01
on 7/18/11 3:10 am - Killeen, TX
Does your pouch expand when you get pregnant?? I never heard that before, is a natural thing or does that happen cuz we have to eat more?
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

shrinkingarmywife77
on 7/18/11 7:37 am - Lyman, SC
From what I was told, your muscles stretch during pregnancy and so does your pouch..someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that...then some time after child birth, it's supposed to shrink back some or back to normal size...that's what I read on this forum in the past anyway...will ask my surgeon about it when I see him in September to be sure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views