Diet Gingerale

Tami P.
on 7/28/11 11:09 am
People keep telling me to try ginger ale for my nauseau. I know we are not supposed to have carbonation. Has anyone ever tried removing carbonation from a soda? How do you do it?
serathia
on 7/28/11 11:35 am - Schenectady, NY
I rarely drink anything with carbonation, but I can tolerate it if I go slow.  I usually pour it over crushed ice and stir it really well to get out as much of the bubbles and then sip.  Gingerale does help me with nausea, but make sure it's one of the ones made with actual ginger.

-Jennifer 

mumuvtwogrlz
on 7/28/11 1:23 pm - Oshawa, Canada
I drink Way toooo much Diet Coke! lol
Im addicted!
I heard that if you're drinking gingerale for sicness it should be flat anyways!

Lilypie - (y7YD) Lilypie - (NAAZ)
   Tatum is 5 years old             Kendall is 7 years old
Born on April 30th 2006        Born on July 31st 2004

brighteyez2u
on 7/28/11 7:03 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I have drank it for my nausea and it works! All you need to do is place a spoon in the glass for about 15-20 min and all should be gone. The spoon makes it flat and you should be able to drink away. My doctor also told me to drink it warm. I have, but everything in this pregnancy required ice and lots of it! I didnt personally see a difference warm or cold. Good luck.
     BabyFetus Ticker
Paula622
on 7/28/11 11:29 pm
I have one can of diet coke every day as my "treat".  I have no problem with the carbonation as long as I drink it out of a glass over ice.  That seems to kill enough of the bubbles for me.  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

USAF Wife
on 7/28/11 11:32 pm
If you don't want to deal with carbonation, and prefer to drink tea, you might want to try brewing your tea with a just a small sliver of ginger in the water. I did this post-VSG  during my recovery when soda just wasn't possible due to restriction.

I buy a tiny chunk of ginger root, and use my cheese grater, or slicer to get the pieces paper thin. Boil the water with the ginger in there and add the tea bag, peppermint tea hid the ginger pretty well, and it gave me immediate relief of my nausea.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1252 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1327 views