dumpting since becoming pregnant

linda.traxler
on 8/11/11 4:18 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Hi ladies,  anybody have dumping issues since becoming pregnant but didn't have them prior to pregnancy?`?   I RARELY dumped after 9 months or so past my operation.... but, in the last week (I'm 9 weeks PG today)  I have been dumping on EVERYTHING. I have only a litle nausea in the middle of the night and early morning, but if I eat anything remotely high in sugar or fat... I feel like I am going to die for about 2 hours!!  Then it passes... i never thow it up.... but have lovely dry heaves...Anyone experience this`??

THanks for any tips...
Linda
Brooklynnsmom
on 8/11/11 4:26 am - Bellevue, NE
Yep!  I NEVER dumped after my RNY, but once I was pg (I had 2 post op babies) I was VERY sensitive to sugars.  I couldn't handle anything over about 15 grams of sugar.  It would make me so, so sick!  I would eat something and then lay then feeling like I was dying for 1-2 hours afterwards.  

The good thing is, after I had each of the babies, the sensitivity got better--I could tolerate a little more sugar--but I still can't tolerate it like I used to be able to.  To me--this is a good thing.  It helps keep me in check! 

Debbie
harleymama31
on 8/11/11 8:55 am
ok, you might have a bug that is making you dump. Another thing, make sure you getting your electrolytes so you dont become dehydrated. Just make sure you let your dr know whats going on. NOW, if you get crampy, tired, sweating etc...get to the ER. DO NOT wait around for someone to tell you on here. Spoken from experience. it sucks, i dumped at first then towards the end.
Rhie P.
on 8/12/11 1:05 am
Yes....I never dumped 100% (had all the symptoms minus the diareaha...but I'd have to pee instead)...but now...I ate a doughnut (bad to begin with..but I was craving it like nothing else) and it about DID ME IN!! My diet (7g of sugar) juice is doing the same thing....much more sensitive...even to things like sour cream. I don't throw up, but I get the dry heaves...it's brutal!!
RESCUEGIRL78
on 8/12/11 1:19 am - NC
I can tell that I am much more sensitive to sugars now. When I first got pregnant and was having issues keeping my sugar up it really didnt bother me, but now if I have anything with alot of carbs or sugar it REALLY makes me sick. I get the dumping but my sugar goes up and affects me physically. I try to drink pelnty of water to make it pass sooner sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. I don't have the dry heaves but the other doesn't feel that great either. I did my Glucose test the other day were I had to eat 19 jellybeans and it made me SICK!!!! I hope I don't have to do that again!!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1241 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views