5 month pregnant and have some questions about food.

stephaniewhite06
on 8/22/11 2:01 am - Houston, TX
OK so I had my RNY Gastric Bypass on 02/25/10... so i am almost 18 months out of surgery. I am 5 months pregnant, and my pregnancy is progressing along good, BUT my issue is... I am ALWAYS hungry. I feel like I can not eat enough. My doctor says my weight gain is right on track. I do not want to stretch my pouch, but sometimes I can't help but eating right after I have eaten. So any ideas? Any help?
Stephanie White

hockeybabe2u
on 8/22/11 2:17 am - Allegan, MI
It's completely normal while pregnant to be able to eat more food.  My suggestion to you would be, if you feel hungry right after eating and want to eat more, try eating fruits or veggies or maybe a cheese stick, cottage cheese or yogurt.  Allow yourself to eat, just be wise in your decisions (as much as possible).  Remember to eat good carbs (whole wheats, brown rice, etc) and your protein, along with veggies and fruit and you should feel full longer.  Also, sometimes we are really thirsty when we think we are hungry, so try drinking some water or crystal light 1st before you eat something if it hasn't been a long time ago since you ate.  If your doctors are happy with your weight gain thus far and not concerned you gained to much, then you must be doing something right!  Remember your tool is still there and it will still work and you will find that once the baby is born, your restrictions will return (sometimes this isn't true with breastfeeding moms as they still need the extra calories).  Good luck!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 6:26 am - Woodbridge, VA
What kinds of foods are you eating? Focusing on proteins and fats should keep you feeling fuller longer than eating carbs, which are digested faster. Also, Focus on denser foods as opposed to foods that will slide easily through your stoma (things like yogurt probably won't sustain you for very long because it'll easily slide right out of your pouch).
Jennifer H.
on 8/22/11 11:33 pm - stockton, CA
Mine did that as well it will go back to normal.try to stay with good eating habits that's whats hard to break after if you don't.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

LoveLikeWinter
on 8/23/11 12:45 am
I am constantly hungry and crave junk (one of the things I hate the most about being pregnant, besides the neverending nausea). I'm one of those people who can eat and then 20 min later want to eat again, and it's not just thirst. I keep it under control by eating proteins and fruits/veggies, waiting 30 min to see if it's actual hunger (yep, usually is), drinking something, and tracking cals/protein (so I can mentally see that even though I'm eating constantly, I'm not eating a TON). I'm up 15.5-16 lb and i'm 25w2d or so. My OB says that's normal, but I know I would weigh more if I didn't keep such a strict eye on what i'm eating and the nutrients in everything. I'm the least fun preggo ever :( I don't let myself eat junk (even though I crave it) bc even though my body wants it, I get horribly sick after I eat it. No ice cream, cake, donuts, etc. I eat peaches or PB2 :)
_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1320 views