worried

wyltkamanda
on 8/22/11 10:48 pm - rockwell, NC
i went to the doctor yesterday because my chest has been hurting,with coughing and tightness in my esophagis......it hurts when i breathe, eat, drink and even when i don't have food in there. well the doctors just guess from what i was telling them that i had esophagitis which is another word for heartburn. its possible that, that is what is going on with me but i'm also running fever around 100-101....i don't like feeling like its so tight in there in my throat..i'm worried and wonder if anyone else has gone through this while pregnant?
Jennifer H.
on 8/22/11 11:29 pm - stockton, CA
Well if its heartburn try taking a Zantac and see if that helps that end but as for fever that doesn't sound right but I'm not a doctor.best wishes!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

linda.traxler
on 8/23/11 2:54 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Did they check you over for other possible sources of fever?  Urine, throat, ears ect???  Did they prescribe anything for the esophagitis?  Esophagitis if very common in pregnancy, lots of safe meds to take! 

If they didn't find a source of the fever.... don't let them sit on it!  Go back if it's not getting better!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
wyltkamanda
on 8/23/11 6:43 am - rockwell, NC
thank you! they checked my urine it's fine. so i'm not sure what else it can be. i just want some relief and i hope it's sooner than later. i just don't understand why they won'y do anymore than just give me heartburn meds and said it may take up to a week to feel some relief.
Hollywog
on 8/23/11 7:02 am
They should have checked your white blood cell count to see if you have an infection going on.  The fever could be totally unrelated to the esophagitis/heart burn. 

Hope you get some answers and find out what to do to 'fix' the problem.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

wyltkamanda
on 8/23/11 4:59 pm - rockwell, NC
thank you! i had to go to the er tonight because i had that stuck feeling in my throat (esophagus) and they had to give me pain meds to numb my throat and see if i could get any fluids down also jello too and it did help! so they said with the swelling that i probably had some scratches and to take the meds to help me eat for a week, so i could "heal".....i'm sooo glad and i hope i do heal because its so painful!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1251 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 864 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1327 views