stronger oder?

Meginsf
on 8/29/11 1:20 pm - WA
So iv noticed that since iv been pregnant that i have a stronger vaginal oder. I asked my Dr about it and he said its normal for being pregnant. Well iv gotten to the point of being really aware of it and anal about washing because for some reason i have it in my head that everyone can smell it :( So um has anyone else noticed this also? the Dr even checked for infections and took a pee sample to see if i have a UTI. I also read everywhere that when your in the second trimester that there will be more discharge and to wear either old panties or liners because it can mess up your panties maybe thats what it is?
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
harleymama31
on 8/29/11 3:19 pm
there should be NO odor coming from "there" at all!!! discharge yes, IF the discharge is green or bougar looking, get to the ER right away, dont wait for a call to the dr, or hell even post on here to wait for a reply. IF you dont feel right, goto the ER. there they will do an entire work up,blood, cultures, etc...what you could have is a bacterial yeast infection that can be cleared up with a 7day antibiotic. HOW did your dr check for infectins? did he do swabs to do cultures or did he just "check"?
amykic
on 8/29/11 9:31 pm - spencer, MA
I get the extra odor too. My OB said it is normal for pregnant women and mine is caused from excessive sweating down there. He did do swab test and all came back negative. I use feminine powder down there and it really helps. Good luck!

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

USAF Wife
on 8/29/11 10:51 pm
My body chemistry has changed dramatically with this pregnancy. I have this "off" odor, it isn't bad, or gross, just different. I've been swabbed, urinalysis, and yep I wear a pantyliner as well, and have been since being about 20 weeks out.

Plus, I have other issues going on in that region. I'm having issues with sex and being able to get turned on, and not being able to stay lubricated.

All is normal apparently per my obs. I don't recall having these issues when pregnant with my son. And, I'm not blaming it on Tatum's gender, it could be my age, and the fact that my body is completely different than it was back then. I'm not sure, but it's frustrating.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

linda.traxler
on 8/29/11 11:36 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
A stronger odor is very common in pregnancy.  The pH of the vagina changes in and throughout pregnancy.  The main thing is to be sure no infection is present.  The most common cause of infection is bacterial vaginosis.  It's NOT an STD.  It is most commonly a result of the vaginal pH often from bubble bath, shower gels, scented pads and pantyliners etc.  It can also occur because of sex and changes in the vagnial pH resulting from partners sperm.

Be sure doc checked for BV and ALL other infections just to be sure though.  If it is BV it's very  safely and easily treated in pregnancy.  It's also important he/she has checked for all STDs as they can remain dormant if untreated for some time, often with no symptoms.

If doc has checked everything... don't worry....  You are not alone and it is NOT uncommon!!  : )
Meginsf
on 8/30/11 2:54 am - WA

My first appointment he did a complete std screening and cultures urinalisis. The discharge is clear and i clean with summers eve so i know its safe and it really does help with the oder. ill ask the Dr again today when i see him but the last time i asked him he said it was normal as long as theres no wierd colored discharge everything is fine.  its just annoying at this point iv been anel about it

Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
linda.traxler
on 8/30/11 5:29 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Does doc know you're using the summer's eve??  In our practiced we encouraged our patients not to use any feminine products like that.  They seem to help but actually make matters worse....

Either way... do what's best... and don't worry, chances are no one else except maybe doc and hubby would notice! 
linda.traxler
on 8/30/11 5:31 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Ohhh... and at your appointment ask him to check for BV....  there are some studies that show it's linked to premature births and fetal problems in the 2nd trimester if left untreated.  (unusual, but not a risk any of us would want to take!)

All the best!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views