Back in Pre-Pregnancy Jeans...BUT!!!

Jenn1973
on 9/25/11 10:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Ladies,

Well, it has been just over six weeks since baby Julian was born and I am pleased to announce that I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!  So exciting!  It has been a few weeks since the jeans became a part of my wardrobe again so I have been loving the closet filled with what seem like new clothes.

Here is the problem, however, I feel like I am eating ALL OF THE TIME!  I don't know why, but I am totally grazing like crazy.  My biggest weakness are Double Stuffed Golden Oreas.  WTF??  I never would have grabbed them pre-pregnancy.  The other day I realized that I was eating without thought and it scared me just a bit.

Any suggestions for dealing with the post-partum munchies?  I am not BFing, so there is no need to be consuming extra calories.  I worry that those jeans won't be fitting for long!!

Thanks Ladies,

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Lexa321
on 9/25/11 10:13 am - weston, FL
mine didnt fit long either.. for that reason.. i hate to say i was soooo busy with baby because i wasnt... i ate everytime he ate... and i wasnt breast feeding either... 3 years and 2 more kids later.. they still dont fit again.
Jenn1973
on 9/25/11 10:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
OK Lex, so what you are saying is that I'd better smarten up ASAP.  Crap.  I am loving the grazing!  Also, I guess I'd better start to work out too.

J

Born August 11, 2011

IamMrsMcDole
on 9/25/11 10:28 am - Anderson, IN
I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my size 8-10 jeans don't fit. Ugh! My old size 12's fit (I use to call them my fat jeans) I had my daughter 3 weeks ago so I hope to be in my old jeans soon. I think the grazing is b/c we are use to being pregnant and eating. Just buy good fruits an veggies.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Jenn1973
on 9/25/11 10:53 am - Ottawa, Canada
Jessica,

I am in my "boyfriend" style jeans - not my skinniest ones.  However, I think I am only 5 pounds away from the skinny pants.  5 pounds from now is the weight I was at my wedding - my lowest post-op weight.  I think I could stand to lose another 15, but I don't know if I am going to get there.  I am sure you will get to your skinny jeans really soon!

Loving life as a mommy. We will likely try for Baby #2 in the Spring.

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

imnotknitting
on 9/25/11 11:37 pm
I never got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans and I just whipped out my maternity jeans. I feel like my hips just never went back to normal, but I also just never got the last 10 pounds off so that probably had a lot to do with it. And it always makes me a little sad when people call their size 12 jeans their fat jeans...those are my skinny jeans. Oh well, I will just never be a size 8.

As far as the eating goes...I really do think that right after pregnancy you are so used to grazing all the time that it's hard to go back to eating the way we did prepregnancy. While I was pregnant with Lorelai, I could eat WAY more than I could prepregnancy, then a couple weeks after I gave birth it was like my body remembered the RNY and made me start eating like I'd had it again. Sugar started making me sick again and I had to reduce the quantity of what I ate. I am hoping the same thing happens this time (0:

Good Luck!
Tina
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
Jenn1973
on 9/27/11 12:19 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Tina.  My skinny jeans are size 12 too.  Size 8 is so not happening fo rme.  Size 10 maybe.  But in jeans?  Doubtful. 

Thanks for the advice!  It is the grazing that is killing me.  I had to graze during pregnancy because of my morning sickness, but urgh!!  I have noticed that my dumping syndrome is returning with avengence, so that should help.  I think during the later part of my pregnancy it was undermined by all of the anti-nausea meds I was on.  Now it is out to get me again! 

Thanks again!
Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

bambif
on 9/27/11 4:07 am - Kansas City, MO
 Hi Jenn,

I had my second post op baby in July 2010, I lost all my weight but a few pounds and was eating all the time.  I have actually gained 20 back...so yes, if you don't want to gain try to get your eating under control or you are gonna end up like me.  LOL

I need to get back on track and with that then I need to lose 50 pounds.  I never lost the 10 from my first post op baby and then I had gained 20 before getting pregnant with my last and now gained the extra 20 back.  I am pretty scared that I won't lose it.  I am hungry all the time!  I got pregnant 10 months out of my RNY surgery so I am afraid I have messed up my stoma...I seriously have been thinking about getting back in to see my WLS surgeon. 

congrats on your baby!  And good luck getting back on track.  
Jenn1973
on 9/27/11 12:24 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Bambif...

It really is a mind over matter thing.  I am so in love with the new little creature in my life that a part of me doesn't care, but I want to be around and healthy for that little creature too! 

Maybe we need to start a new thread or group "Post-Pregnancy RNYers Get Back on Track!"

I am sure none of us want to simply be super thin, it is a matter of getting healthy again and back to a place where we can feel good about ourselves so we don't transfer all of that body image stuff on to our kiddies!

Thanks and good luck!  Also, keep us posted about the stoma thing.  Be sure to see your WLS soon just in case.  At least he/she will be able to put your mind at ease.

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views