8 months pregnant = Sleepless nights????

boomsheeka01
on 10/11/11 12:09 am - Killeen, TX
Man I tell you in the past week I havent gotten much sleep!! I fall asleep and without fail I am wide awake at 3am! Of course baby Silas is dancing away every morning at that time, but I know for sure thats not the reason I wake up.  Is this normal? I know I have had a lot on my mind lately, but even when I stress about things I NEVER lose out on sleep!

Sleeping has become VERY uncomfortable! I bought a body pillow, but my back and hips still throb! I am in no way complaining, and I am still loving every moment of my pregnancy, but I just can't wait to sleep again! LOL!

This happen to anybody else? The lack of sleep? I am so exhausted! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

hockeybabe2u
on 10/11/11 12:17 am - Allegan, MI
This is normal! I think it's Gods way of preparing us for many sleepless nights once the baby is born! Just try to get to bed sooner or stay in bed longer or get a nap/rest if and when you can! Sometimes just to take a short cat nap during the day can do wonders!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

MeliT
on 10/11/11 12:55 am - Miami, FL
 aww i so feel for you. all my friends who have kids say the same thing. towards the end of your pregnancy you get no sleep and that its god's way of preparing you for not sleeping once the baby comes. its a cruel joke because you would think you'd be able to sleep before the baby comes. lol. unfortunately i don't have any advice for you. except that if you get sharp leg cramps in the middle of the night it helps to put your feet on cold tile. thats all i know.

i hate to say this but i don't think you'll be getting any sleep any time soon. but try to take naps when you can. and you'll be seeing your little boy before you know it!!

LolliPop MO
on 10/11/11 1:03 am
 I haven't had a good night's sleep in about a month.  Between BH contractions, baby practicing Tae-Bo on my cervix, and peeing, I sleep about 2 hrs at a time.  I guess this is the baby's way of getting me ready for her presence!

shrinkingarmywife77
on 10/11/11 1:31 am - Lyman, SC
It's VERY normal..my sleepless nights started when I was four months pregnant and I agree with the previous poster~It's definitely God's way of getting us used to the sleepless nights with the baby.  It's also cool though to notice when your baby is awake and moving around in your tummy, it's usually the same time he will be awake when he's in the world...My Austin was always awake and moving, kicking me at 5am in the morning and he is always awake at that same time now :-)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Paula622
on 10/11/11 3:27 am
Par for the course!  One of the cruel tricks of pregancy, just when you should be filling your "sleep bank" you find out you're already in overdraft!  The other night I was doing laundry and dishes at 3am just to avoid laying awake in bed.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 7:30 am - HI
Yes, very normal!!! I woke every morning at the same time (3am).  On May 13th at 3am when I got up, my water broke so I knew it was the last time I would be waking up at that time with baby still inside me.  You are so close.  Can't believe how fast the time went by.  So much wonderful times are ahead. 
plusizedbarbie
on 10/11/11 8:41 am - Manahawkin, NJ
of course it's completely normal.  your body is preparing itself for labor and birth.  tons of stuff are going on right now!  i havent been sleeping well since 15 weeks.
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

IamMrsMcDole
on 10/11/11 9:49 am - Anderson, IN
I never slept when I was pregnant. I was always awake. Now that Reese is here all I want to do is sleep and she is up nursing every 2-3 hrs. So try and sleep now as much as you can.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

USAF Wife
on 10/12/11 12:29 am
Yep, same here. I've been waking up at 4am for the last 2 months regardless when I go to sleep. For the last 2 weeks, I am jolted out of bed at 1am every morning without fail.

I sleep propped on a body pillow on my left side with it shoved in between my knees, 3 pillows behind my head, and a lower lumbar memory pillow behind my back to keep me from rolling over on my back.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1334 views