vbac after 2 sections and rny???

mrsstewart09
on 10/19/11 1:45 am
hello everyone! im looking for opinions pls...this is my 5th pregnancy...all were b4 rny besides this one...first 2 were vaginal with no problems....second 2 were sections ONLY due to baby size 10.5lbs and 9.5lbs....my obgyn is expecting this new baby to be smaller so this is why im considering a vbac also i do not wish to be cut open again...i did some research and im leaning more to vbac but little nervous...do u know anyone who did this? successful? problems?  my dr says im a good candidate for vbac as well....any opinions? also i have not gained any weight and im 27 weeks...ive lost 2 lbs should i be worried? thanku for any help :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Brooklynnsmom
on 10/19/11 5:27 am - Bellevue, NE
I have never heard of a dr. willing to do a VBAC after two c-sections.  I wanted to do a VBAC, and my dr. said there just are not any studies out there of any successfull VBAC's after 2 c-sections because noone's (dr.s) willing to take the risk after the 2nd c-section.  Plus, the hospital usually has a protocol of what they will allow as well.  One, is not usually a issue, but once you have that 2nd c-section--you are usually always a c-section.  This is just what I have been told.  If you have a dr. / hospital that is telling you otherwise, then I stand corrected.  I would say, as long as you are under very careful medical supervision--so there is no risk of uterine rupture...there may be a possibility. 

Debbie
Jennifer H.
on 10/20/11 1:00 am - stockton, CA
My Dr said to me once a c-section always a c-section.It depends on the hospital and the county you live in and ours doesn't go for it.NO hospital in area if there is an emergency to get me there fast enough to help if something was to happen.I do know a few people who have done it and were fine and baby's were fine.

As for the weight gain if Dr have been measuring and watching baby and say everything is fine I wouldn't worry to much about weight gain there are others here who have done the same.best of luck to you.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

RainyDayWoman
on 10/23/11 8:01 am - Fridley, MN
You have had two vaginal births so that's in your favor.  If you can find a provider you trust and are at a good, fully staffed hospital with a full-time anesthesiologist, VBA2C might be just fine for you.  Your RNY shouldn't affect it.  My post-WLS baby was almost a pound smaller than my pre-WLS baby and that seems to be pretty common.  It is hard to find a provider who will let you VBAC after 2 c-sections, but ACOG recently changed their guidelines to say it's OK in some cir****tances.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views