One year surgery anniversary today!

Nikki M.
on 10/19/11 3:59 pm
Today marks the one year anniversary of my revision from band to sleeve! I have lost 142 pounds total (112 since surgery) and feel fantastic! I would like to lose about 50 more to reach my ultimate goal, and its coming off super slowly. I think I will get there eventually :)
Here is a before picture and a current picture for fun.

Before:

Current: Me and my sister in law last weekend. I am the one on the right :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

cass2399
on 10/20/11 12:05 am - Sabattus, ME
Congrats!!
hockeybabe2u
on 10/20/11 12:09 am - Allegan, MI
Great job! You look awesome!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Jennifer H.
on 10/20/11 12:50 am - stockton, CA
You look great!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

windowsdown
on 10/20/11 1:00 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
You look wonderful!
MeliT
on 10/20/11 5:11 am - Miami, FL
 nikki congrats! you look great!!! i may want to ask you for some advice in the future. my dad is condisering getting the band and i'd like to let him know why someone would revise from band to sleeve. i had the sleeve. i orginally wanted the band. i just wanna give him all the info to help him make his decision. but he's just in the kind of throwing it out there phase. he's not serious yet.

but anway!!! you look fantastic. you should update your profile pic girl!

Nikki M.
on 10/20/11 3:27 pm
Thanks Meli :)
Oh man, I really have nothing good to say about the band. It never worked for me. I never felt full, just stuck. It slipped right before my first anniversary, and after that I couldn't tolerate it being filled past the half way point. So it basically sat in me for 3 years doing nothing. The sleeve is wonderful and is everything I originally wanted the band to be! I get real restriction without all the affects of RNY. I wish I could have done the sleeve first, but it wasn't an option to me back then. The band left a lot of scar tissue. I wouldn't recommend a band to my worst enemy! Of course there are people who have a lot of success with the band, but that is how I feel.

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MeliT
on 10/21/11 3:08 am - Miami, FL
 right, i kinda feel the same way too. i know a lot of people happy with their bands. but i don't want my dad to have slippage or erosion you know? plus i think he would eat his way right through it. thanks for the feedback. :)

mandajolyn
on 10/22/11 9:27 am - Tallahassee, FL
Congrats! You look amazing!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1278 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 877 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1347 views