4 Weeks Preggers

Lexa321
on 11/3/11 2:52 am - weston, FL
congrats and welcome!... diet is a 100% personal decision... i admit i did NOT cut out sweetners/caffine... water made me vomit so i had to get fluids somehow.. anyway... b12 shots are safe... i took my vits .. ive had 3 babies in less then 3 years.. my body was pretty much depleated of most things... as far as protein.. there are plenty of sources.. im not sure how strict you are to the veggie world.. eggs.. cheese... yogurt... soy milks.. beans.. nuts.. seeds... you will be fine... congrats again :)
MusicMaryn
on 11/3/11 5:11 am - San Jose, CA
So bottom line... don't listen to anything Lexa says! LOL 
jk girl!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lexa321
on 11/3/11 7:21 am - weston, FL
omg!!!! you know me and my rebel ways... i made my kids a "milkshake" every night before they would go to bed... ( calm down people no ice cream involved) ... so my friend asked for my recipie ... i gave it to her... she fed it to her super colicy son...poor kid suffered and suffered... yeah i felt like an ass :(
antntar
on 11/3/11 7:29 am - philadelphia, PA
Make sure to add some complex carbs! Ketosis is dangerous for the baby... Good luck with your pregnancy!

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 1:14 am - Woodbridge, VA
Despite lots of research on this topic, I have yet to find a single study to substantiate this claim that ketosis is dangerous. If it were true, then mothers with lots of morning sickness who are often unintentionally in ketosis would all be having retarded babies. Ditto for the mothers in civilizations for hundreds and hundreds of years who had no regular access to grains, fruits, or starchy veggies and lived almost exclusively on protein and fat (think Inuits and such).

I avoid grains (whole or not), potatoes, corn, sweets, etc., and everything is perfectly fine in my pregnancy so far, to be confirmed by my anatomy scan next week (fingers crossed that baby doesn't have its LEGS crossed)!
kwinkleman
on 11/3/11 11:12 pm - FL
THANK YOU!!!!!!!   It is such an exciting time.  I am a worry wart so I have to get that under control.  I will probably still have a cup or two of tea with my sweetner maybe.  LOL  I am trying to get myself into liking tea with no sweetner added....that is easier said then done. 

First OBGYN appointment is Monday....I will report back with any exciting news LOL  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views