Lap band mommies

stacey0523
on 11/8/11 2:01 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Anyone with lap band I need your help.  I will be 34 weeks on Thursday and the past maybe 2ish weeks I have not been able to eat much.  I can only eat a few bite here and there.  I never got an unfill from my pregnancy since I was not throwing up.  Do you think this is a band problem or just baby taking up more room?  I have started lossing weight again but my doctor is not concerned since baby boy is growing.  Any suggestions, I would prefer not to go get an unfill and just hoping this will change after I have him in 4 weeks (will have a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks).
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
Sarah V.
on 11/8/11 3:01 am
Personally, I'd get a little unfill if I were you.  The last couple weeks of pregnancy and the first couple post partum are stressful enough without worrying about food.  That's just my personal opinion!

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Dev *.
on 11/8/11 4:14 am - Austin, TX
Toward the end of my pregnancy, I had the same experience. I think it was just the baby taking up so much space and squishing things around. You can see why it might be a problem if you look at a cross section picture, like here: http://www.mkillustrations.com/portfolio.php?cid=5

If you're able to eat small amounts often and you just get full easily but you aren't vomiting or having trouble with liquids, I wouldn't worry too much.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

tamiissunshine
on 11/8/11 11:44 am - Halsey, OR
I was like that too towards the end of my last pregnancy and the doctor actually said not to get an unfill. But I think it's up to you and how you feel.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Braven05
on 11/9/11 11:09 pm, edited 11/9/11 11:10 pm - Syracuse, NY
I didn't get an unfill and didn't need to...its now...11 weeks PP that I need an unfill!  Makes no sense.  I had trouble getting food in, in the end but it was because the baby was squishing my insides up.
342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views