Still in shock.

teresa79
on 11/21/11 5:34 am - Fowler, IN
Found out this morning that I am a little over 4 weeks pregnant. My Husband and I are still in shock because we were using contraceptives. I am happy but just a tad nervous. Our baby girl is 10 months old as of November 8th. I told myself after she was born that if we ever did get pregnant again I wouldn't make such a big deal about it next time and that I wouldn't make myself as nervous as I was with her the first like 20 weeks! Well, I just found out like I said this a.m. and I am already worrying about a healthy baby and all. My OB office called me and told me that my Hcg level was 176 and to come back on Wednesday for another Hcg level to be drawn to see how if it is doubling. The nurse says that that number indicates it is a early pregnancy. I told her  yeah I know when my last cycle was and I am probably about 4 weeks along. Is this a good number for 4 weeks along? Just wondering. =)  
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
tamiissunshine
on 11/21/11 9:38 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations!!!! I don't have any idea about what the numbers are supposed to be but I hope they double like they should for you!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

MusicMaryn
on 11/22/11 1:20 am - San Jose, CA
OK... first and foremost... breathe!  Both you and the baby will be fine.  as far as the # goes, 176 is really just fine.  I just got pg through IVF and my fertility nurse told me that they look for at 30 in the 1st hcg level at 4 wks.  They are really looking to see how it increases in 48 hours.  My fertility nurse told me that they wanted to see my # increase by at least 66%.  And when I had my 1st MC a year ago, my OB said that they wanted to see it double in 48 hours - and my hcg levels were a lot lower than 176 back then.  You're totally fine at 176 at 4w.

And congratulations!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!

Hollywog
on 11/22/11 4:44 am
Woot!  Congrats on your surprise!  I'm pretty sure your numbers are fine.  Don't borrow worries...go in tomorrow, do the test again and see what they say...but I'm sure they're fine.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

teresa79
on 11/22/11 4:44 am - Fowler, IN
Thanks Ladies! I'm glad I can come here and get some support! I'm still in shock that I am actually pregnant. I guess not being able to conceive in almost 10 years and then wham here I am with a 10 month old and now pregnant makes me wonder how God's timing is wonderous. I also have a 4 1/2 yr old son who we were blessed with through adoption. I am trying not to think about how hard this is going to be with an 18 month old and a newborn because I know what it feels like to wonder if I was ever going to even be a mother in the first place. I do feel blessed.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Jennifer H.
on 11/22/11 7:25 am - stockton, CA
Congrats I have a chart I looked at between 5-430 for four weeks so your good!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1289 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 884 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1359 views