HOLY PREGNANT!

LianaMarie248
on 11/21/11 3:37 pm - MA
Okay... I just found out Im pregnant. I havent even missed my period yet but Ive gotten so in tune with my body I just knew and took a test. Im nervous and excited and emotional and I want chicken. lol. I realized it as I was walking through the grocery store putting weird things in my cart like hot pockets and cinnamon donuts. jeeez! In any case, four clearly positive tests in a row and the nurse says, "Well, Baby, you aren't going to get false positives....especially not four in a row." How wild is this all?

I had my RNY on February 9th, 2011 and I am down to 150lbs from 250ish lbs. I dont get sick from anything but pre seasoned meat from a market (not even sugar!!!), but I am still careful of what I consume. All my tests are fine and I am healthy as a horse. Hair is beginning to grow back (i lost quite a bit) and I am down from a 2xl to a size medium top and down from a size 22 in pants to a size 7/8 or 9/10 depending on jeans. I was told Id still lose some of my own weight but gain some baby weight. Dr said Im not to gain more than 10lbs but it would be best to just keep consistent and be somewhere between 150-155 when I go into labor. Is this even possible? lol. Anyway, My husband is ecstatic (we are newly weds- 9/2/11) but on a business trip in Toronto for 3-4 more weeks (he will be home for thanksgiving luckily). I am nervous like I said and I hope the surgeon wont be really mad at me. Sometimes these things just happen, I guess. :)

Im 24 btw and this is my first pregnancy. Any tips would be much appreciated! especially on exercise and nutrition. :)

~Liana

kasondra123
on 11/21/11 9:03 pm - CT
Congratulations!!!! It is so exciting!!  Do your happy dance

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MusicMaryn
on 11/22/11 1:29 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats on so many levels!  Wowie! 100 lbs in 9 mos!  That's fantastic!  And married for 2 mos!  And now a baby on the way.  So exciting.  9 mos post op is a little early for most bari surgeon's preferences.  Typically they say to wait 18-24 months before TTC.  And like you said... sometimes it just happens - especially with you young and fertile ones. tee hee

Definitely call your bari surgeon to let them know and your OB needs to understand that you had RNY.  The only difference between a WLS and non-WLS baking momma is that we need to be extra careful about our nutrition.  Make sure you are getting all of your vites in and add a prenatal multi-vite as well as folic acid.  As far as your diet goes, just add about 300 cals/day making sure that you get in some good healthy carbs.  Us preggers girls cannot survive on mainly protein alone as it will send us into ketosis which is NOT good for the baby.  Healthy carbs balanced with good proteins should do the trick.

Good luck and welcome to the Baking Mommas!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views