Prometrium Symptom ???

teresa79
on 11/28/11 3:29 pm, edited 11/28/11 3:33 pm - Fowler, IN
So I have been on these Prometrium capsules 200 mg (directions: take one daily by mouth) for about three days to keep my progesterone from dropping. After I take one an hour later I get so exhausted that I can't even walk without feeling like I could fall over. Almost like I am wasted drunk or something. If I lay down and try and ignore it I feel overwhelmed and restless. I'm going to call my OB tomm. because it is such a powerful overwhelming reaction that it is starting to scare me. I thought maybe if I took it before bed that this would help, but it is making me  a bit worried. It's an uncontrollable feeling. It goes away after about an hour. Has anyone else had this reaction? With Luciana I took the progesterone vaginal suppositories twice per day (they were 100 mg each used once in the a.m. and once in the p.m.). Never had any problems. Thanks for any input.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
SassySamara
on 11/28/11 11:41 pm - San Antonio, TX
Sorry, no advice on the reaction. I also took the vaginal and was just gonna mention that maybe you could request a switch to that. Good Luck.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Ann D.
on 11/29/11 10:55 am - Amelia, OH
Yep, oral progesterone can do that to you.  I would agree with Sumara...you should ask to switch to take it vaginally...there are fewer side effects and gets to the parts it needs to faster.
Ann

Mom to Ean after 5 longs years of Infertility....2/29/12!

icon_angel.gif - 3/07                             icon_angel.gif - 12/07                             icon_angel.gif - 3/08 
icon_angel.gif - 5/09                             icon_angel.gif - 11/10                             icon_angel.gif - 2/11
queenfairy
on 11/29/11 12:41 pm - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
yes i just got off of mine and yes from day one i took it during the day and literally felt "drunk" and incoherent and all....did tell my doc and it is a side effect so i started taking it before bed and i did ok...took it and went to bed so i did not have any simptons ...good luck :)

TaNyA BeCeRrA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1289 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 884 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1359 views