Mirena and Depression?

chrissyemerald
on 11/28/11 5:19 am - Canada
 Hello all. I just have a couple things, I got the Mirena IUD inserted in September, first month was non stop spotting, alot of cramps, 2nd month nothing, but I got my period on time, very light for 6 days, not so bad, don't mind that part. The night before I got it I could  barely sleep due to this nagging side ache, it really felt like I was having a gall bladder attack, the starting of one, ALL night, but my gall bladder is gone. The last couple days (3 days since i've been done spotting) I feel depressed, want to cry, I have nausea, and a light pain in my mid-lower back, a nagging pain. Not bad but enough to make me wonder wtf?? It's almost making me think maybe its dislodged? or i'm pregnant? OR both i guess lol. I don't know whats going on with me. I have just felt very OFF lately. I am also going through alot emotionally, lots going on in my personal life, my dad is dying of cancer :(, sooo much going on. So, wondering if this is the mirena doing this to me or maybe depression. I am not sure. Has anyone else had this kind of stuff going on with the IUD??  Thanks in advance :)
TraceyC
on 11/29/11 12:29 am - DFW, TX
I had horrible mood effects a few days before my period. Total stereotypical PMS stuff. I'd never had those issues before. I had it taken out in March and got pregnant (purposefully) in May. Once the hormones were out of my system I was a much nicer person. After the baby was born I got a copper IUD. It embedded into my uterine wall so I had it removed. I'm about to get another one though.

I would call your dr and explain what's going on. If nothing else you need a sono to check placement and make sure it's not embedded. The copper IUD (Paraguard) is a fraction of a percentage less effective than Mirena, but not having the hormone side effects were worth it.

Good luck with everything going on in your life. God bless.

Tracey

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

blanca G.
on 11/29/11 12:14 pm - Grand Terrace, CA
RNY on 02/12/09 with
 I've read that many people experience symptoms similar to early pregnancy symptoms while on more a. I started looking into it because I, myself, have been experiencing everything that you,ve described and I'm on mirena. Scared me enough to take two tests and both were negative. 
Im sure it's just the hormones in the mirena messing with me. 
Gl
SW-236/GW 125- pre pregnancy weight-133 / current weight- 123!!
Defeated PCOS with the help of my RNY & despite being told I couldnt have kids, i am a proud mommy to Bella Rosa =)
Lilypie - Personal picture

chrissyemerald
on 11/29/11 8:30 pm - Canada
 Thanks ladies :) Now that I think of it, the doctor did tell me that the only complaints that he had were a couple people telling him that it made their depression worse, I thought I would be fine lol.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1239 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views