Birth Control suggestions?

furiosmommy
on 11/29/11 11:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi ladies, I know this is the preggo board, but I'm wanting to research my BC options before my twins arrive so I can get started on it ASAP. I still have a ways to go with my weight loss so I want to have better BC method in place besides "pull and pray" lol. In the past I've been on a variety of BC pills and I never liked how they made me feel. I had zero libido, I was super moody and just felt yucky. Once the twins arrive I would like to take a break for a few years from babies and focus on losing my weight and being a healthy Mom. Based on all of that my OB really feels I'm a great candidate for an IUD. I agree that I am, however those freak me out so bad. Just the idea of something floating around in there creeps me out. I just don't think I'd be comfortable with it. I'm open to the pill again because I have to take my vitamins regularly and that would be a good reminder! But that also means I'm back at the pharmacy every month. I'm hoping that since I'm a little lighter now and my hormones are somewhat regulated that maybe the hormonal BC won't affect me the same way. I'm open to other options such as nuvaring, the patch and maybe the sponge. I like that the sponge is non-hormonal and I just use it when I need it. Do they sell those OTC still, or are they Rx? All I can think of is Elaine on Seinfeld when I think of the sponge lol. I'm very open to suggestions and your experiences!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Becca R.
on 11/30/11 8:33 am - WA
Not sure how it works with VSG but I know that us RNY ladies malabsorb the pill making it much less affective. the IUDs are implated and generally speaking never move from where the dr places them and you wont ever feel it.
apryldee
on 11/30/11 12:54 pm - houston, TX
Like PP said idk how it is with the sleeve and absurbtion but I know the pill is out for me. It would have been out regardless since I have never been able to tolarate them they all made me sick. B4 my daughter I had the nuva ring. I loved it and being lighter made it easy to insert and take out. I stopped using it b/c as a poor college student I couldn't afford the monthly cost since it is a lil more costly then the pill. After having my daughter me and my OB agreed on the IUD. I have had it in since april and I love it. I dont feel it and my periods are light and last only a few days if I even get one that month. So far it is great and I love not having to go to the pharmacy every month and get more. hope u are able to make a descion that is best for u.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views