questian for C/S mammas

Becca R.
on 12/10/11 2:07 am - WA
So I was watching one of those birth shows and it was a c-section eppisode and I suddenly had a concern as they gave the mom that bitter little drink to shotgun for nausea or stomach acid control cant remember exactly why they give it to you. Anyway has anyone had a c/s and had to drink that? did you have any issues with it? I have problems if I drink things to fast and I cant imagine having to sip on that hellish concoction.
apryldee
on 12/10/11 2:48 am, edited 12/10/11 2:50 am - houston, TX
I didnt drink anything but was given some meds for nasua in my iv b4 I had my csection

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

plusizedbarbie
on 12/10/11 3:15 am - Manahawkin, NJ
I actually think I did (that day was a blurr) and it was fine.  But they did end up giving me IV nausea meds too
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

amykic
on 12/10/11 5:59 am - spencer, MA
Yes its an acid controller. It taste nasty but it really is just a sip.

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

tamiissunshine
on 12/10/11 1:36 pm - Halsey, OR
Yep they gave that to me but it wasn't hardly anything at all, maybe like 2 Tbls. You just down it, it's one swallow. It is pretty nasty.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PrettyPixieGirl
on 12/10/11 8:54 pm
I didn't drink anything but my c/s was not planned. I have no idea what was in my iv either.
USAF Wife
on 12/11/11 12:44 pm
Had it with both of my csections. Hold your nose and toss it back super fast. It's not a big dose at all, it really didn't have a taste.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

furiosmommy
on 12/11/11 11:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I haven't taken that stuff post op, but I did take it with my son before my c/s 2 years ago. I'm going to be the odd person out here... I thought it was tasty, I wanted more lol. After not eating or drinking anything for the previous 12 hours it was so good just to swallow something. Mine tasted like really strong strawberry lemonade. I thought it was yummy and like others said, it's a TINY shot, you'll be fine.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test