Pouch test and breastfeeding

nicole W.
on 1/2/12 2:16 pm - Bismarck, ND
Hello. I had forgotten this board was here while I was pregnant, but now that I am 7 weeks post baby, I remembered, and knew it would be a good place to seek some advice.

My baby was an IVF baby, so I gained weight from the meds as well as the pregnancy. I am almost 5 years post RNY. I am very anxious about the weight gain, and the best way to lose the weight now that I have my baby here. Does anyone know what the calorie requirements are to breastfeed and lose for WLS patients? 

Is it ok to try the 5 day pouch test while breastfeeding? Any other advice on getting back on track following a baby? I have about 28 pounds to lose to get back to my goal weight.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Lianne C.
on 1/3/12 12:02 am - Garden City, MI
My nut told me that the calorie requirement for nursing is the same as when pregnant, so 1500- 1800 calories. Me even being almost 3 years out from RNY can barely make 900 calories a day. So my body is in starvation mode and I cannot lose the weight. I eat right, and exercise with a trainer no less, but am holding to the weight. I did a pouch test and it did nothing for me at all, so if you do one and get no results, don't get discouraged. Your body could just be extra high in hormones right now. Sometimes that happens.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
nicole W.
on 1/3/12 5:08 am - Bismarck, ND

Lianne-
Thank you so much that helps. During thr pregnancy I was so focused on healthy baby but now that she is here the weight is very hard to deal with. Good to know pouch test may not work but is ok to give a try.

2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Lianne C.
on 1/3/12 5:19 am - Garden City, MI
no problem. You may want to wait to do it though since your baby needs all the nutrients you can give. I did mine when the baby was 3 months old.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 857 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views